Contribute
Register

JWST Status Update

Wow!. Hello peoples of HIP65426 b.

STSCI-J-p2022-HIP65426b-f-1528x1130-1.png

Step 1. Don't click on phishing scams or open M$ attachments.
"A blog post shared by Securonix about the campaign states the first part of the 'infection begins with a phishing email containing a Microsoft Office attachment."

Don't open any emails with a Microsoft Office attachment, and enjoy the wonder of Neptune and it's many moons with Triton in the foreground.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.57.55 AM.png

Is there anything this iMac telescope can’t do!. A birds eye view of DART smashing into a asteroid!.

Last edited:
View attachment 554353

Interesting. Thanks. I didn't know actual code could be run from within a photo, but I did know about steganography and such. The Comments EXIF field can hold all sorts, including other images.

All this is one reason I often ask posters not to upload multi-megabyte pictures, especially when B/W. One uploaded a 12MB file for a simple picture. When I point out possible issues I'm usually dismissed or told this is what iPhones do etc. etc. People should learn and be aware.

Rant over :)

Interesting. Thanks. I didn't know actual code could be run from within a photo, but I did know about steganography and such. The Comments EXIF field can hold all sorts, including other images.

All this is one reason I often ask posters not to upload multi-megabyte pictures, especially when B/W. One uploaded a 12MB file for a simple picture. When I point out possible issues I'm usually dismissed or told this is what iPhones do etc. etc. People should learn and be aware.

Rant over :)
Good point!, you can change the file size before Attaching photos. I usually aim for 1MB, I am guilty of uploading fat files, but I am aware they should be smaller and JPEG preferably.
I love rants!

Good point!, you can change the file size before Attaching photos. I usually aim for 1MB, I am guilty of uploading fat files, but I am aware they should be smaller and JPEG preferably.
I love rants!

Ha, that's fine, a colour pic of 1MB wouldn't set my alarm-bells off too much!

If you would like a good example of "friendly" steganography used in photos, then think about "watermarking". No, not that thing where you place a translucent/dim piece of text in a corner. That's clearly seen. Some companies offer digital "watermarking" where code is hidden in the JPG data. Remember JPG is compressed so who can spot it? Only special software can, and that is used to check if someone uses the picture unauthorised. It costs quite a bit to buy the software or Photoshop plug-in (or was last time I checked!)

You probably know about this from your typography/deisgn skills though. :thumbup:

:)

Back