Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi Community

Just wanna confirme quick Asus P9X79 WS as working great with Mountain Lion - Other than sound (ALC898)

I will make a more detailed guide later this week.

SPECS:

- Asus P9X79 WS

- Intel i7 3930k

- EVGA GTX 680 Signature+

- OCZ Vertex 4 128GB

The big issue was sound (ALC898), so I used an external soundcard for this. In my case a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 through onboard Firewire 400 (1394a)

Works great so far, no issues. Everything at stock speeds - Geekbench: 16.000 ish

And again I will make a more detailed guide later this week.

Cheers and good evening community :)

I'm trying to replicate your setup, but i get unsynchronized tsc problems and a white screen after -v boot, did you have to do anythin special other than the unibeast guide?

use voodootscsync.
search for more info

I'm trying to replicate your setup, but i get unsynchronized tsc problems and a white screen after -v boot, did you have to do anythin special other than the unibeast guide?

ASUS put out a new 2XXX bios for their motherboards to help with windows 8 compatibility and to generally speed up booting. Unfortunately it causes issues with hackintoshes.

Use the boot flag "CPUS=1", that should help get you past the initial boot problems. You may still need to set other boot flags like PCIRootUID= 1 or 0 and npci=0x2000 or 0x3000.

Once you have things booted and the OS installed, you can install the voodosync file.

Move to the correct forum section. tonymacx86 forum index

Desktop Compatibility -> Mountain Lion Desktop Support (forum sections)​

Desktop Compatibility == Pre installation compatibility questions for existing systems

----------------------------> Forum Rules
<--

Hey man sorry to bother you maybe you could help me,

I installed ML on asus p9x79 w/ icore7 3.2ghz 12mb cache, 32gb ram.

in order to get it to work i used the following string

cpus=1 npci=x2000 UseKernelCache=No PCIRootUID=1

I gave the machine to our programmer to bench mark it next to a mac mini, he compiles code.

the mac mini took 11 minutes and the hackintosh took 15.

viewing system info it says processor unknown type, 6 cores, 3.2ghz, l2 cache = 128k, l3 cache= 1mb.

I dont think the os is using the processor to the max. the whole purpose of this machine is so he can compile his xcode.

any ideas?

Danny

Hey I was wondering if you had a step by step guide for this installation? I'm looking at buying exactly the same parts and would really appreciate if you could flag up any specific problems with this motherboard setup. Cheers

I just got a P9X79 Pro working with BIOS ver. 3203 and it says 1.02 hardware version on the mainboard.

My hardware is 3930K 3.2Ghz i7 Sandybridge E, NVidia PNY 670GTX, 120GB 520 Intel Cherrywood SSD, ASUS DVD, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1866 Q4DCh.

I downloaded ML from AppleStore. Unibeast to install from USB Thumbdrive.
Boot Options to start from USB drive:
-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No* (*For NVidia 600 Series)
Used MultiBeast and selected EasyBeast
Used KextBeast with downloaded VoodooTSCSync.kext to my desktop
Edited SMBios.plist to add <key>SMcputype</key><string>1281</string>
Added to org.chameleon.boot.plist under Kernel Flags, npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1
Make Sure GraphicsEnabler is No in the above plist file after EasyBeast install if using NVidia 600 series.

CineBench Roared through like a champ at 64Bit. Just under 18Core system scores.

I just need to get the Audio Working now. I used the ALC898 and it pops when booting and says it is installed in my system report but no sound on any outputs. Not sure how to do the Rollback or if that is necessary. I am using a USB Sabrent $10 Plugin Module for sound and it works without any kexts just plug it in.

Hi immapc,

Great built. Just wanna ask if you got USB 3 and Bluetooth working?

I've got the same Mobo but with i7-3820. I manage to get ML running on BIOS version 1104 but can't get USB3 and Bluetooth working....

Hi,

I just wanna ask... what is Your bios version in p9x79 ws ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back