Contribute
Register

Just ordered the parts for my rig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, that stinks. Where are you buying from? I went with Newegg and got all my stuff on the same day. ;)

jimx86 said:
Aww, that stinks. Where are you buying from? I went with Newegg and got all my stuff on the same day. ;)

"Unfortunately", I'm German, living in Germany. When I ordered, I went for best price and availability, which resulted in buying from five different shops. :)
But if I had bought from one place, saving some bucks on shipping & handling, I wouldn't have had the best price per item; furthermore, I would have had to wait for some items to be restocked. Apart from that, there wasn't one shop that had all I wanted.

But this case is frigging awesome! Noise-dampened, three 120mm fans (2 front, 1 rear) at 15dB@1000rpm manually adjustable via a dial on a slot bracket, dust filters in front of all intakes, 8 (eight!) 3.5" bays... lovin' it.
OK, it's about the same size as my Mac Pro, but who cares?

flatfoot said:
"Unfortunately", I'm German, living in Germany. When I ordered, I went for best price and availability, which resulted in buying from five different shops. :)
But if I had bought from one place, saving some bucks, I would have had to wait for some items to be restocked. Apart from that, there wasn't one shop that had all I wanted.

But this case is frigging awesome! Noise-dampened, three 120mm fans (2 front, 1 rear) at 15dB@1000rpm manually adjustable via a dial on a slot bracket, dust filters in front of all intakes, 8 (eight!) 3.5" bays... lovin' it.
OK, it's about the same size as my Mac Pro, but who cares?

Ah, sorry about the ignorance, in all honesty I forgot about the whole international situation of the internet :rolleyes:

15db is really silent, that'll be good enough to put right by your bed! I hope you have fun installing that build! Good luck!

Another update:

I just received a motherboard, though not the one I ordered. Those blockheads sent me a GA-P55-UD3L instead of the GA-P55-UD3, which has more heat-sinks and more PCIe, less PCI slots. I double- and triple-checked: I did order the right board. :x

Sent them a nice eMail and ordered a GA-P55-UD3 elsewhere.

I really wonder how people who deal with computer parts for a living can be so ignorant about their stuff. :banghead:

I mean, I don't have the CPU yet but it will most likely be here on Monday, unlike the board...

flatfoot said:
I just received a motherboard, though not the one I ordered. Those blockheads sent me a GA-P55-UD3L instead of the GA-P55-UD3, which has more heat-sinks and more PCIe, less PCI slots. I double- and triple-checked: I did order the right board. :x

Wow.. technically if you actually didn't mind the UD3L, you just got it for the price of a normal UD3. But I guess when you need certain compatibility, getting the wrong motherboard is a headache. Are you at least allowed to return it at no cost to you?

flatfoot said:
I really wonder how people who deal with computer parts for a living can be so ignorant about their stuff. :banghead:

Haha actually they might just be low-payed factory workers (depending on where you buy the product) who don't know the difference between a hard drive and solid state drive.

flatfoot said:
I mean, I don't have the CPU yet but it will most likely be here on Monday, unlike the board...

Sorry to hear you'll have to wait longer before you can start your build.. I hear your pain - I have an 875K under my bed right now that has no cooler :(

jimx86 said:
Wow.. technically if you actually didn't mind the UD3L, you just got it for the price of a normal UD3. But I guess when you need certain compatibility, getting the wrong motherboard is a headache. Are you at least allowed to return it at no cost to you?

I do mind it's the L version. The "L" stands for "low" or something, i. e. less features than the normal version. In this case: fewer heat-sinks (sucks because I want to overclock) and another PCI slot instead of one of the PCIe 1x slot (which I need). Logically, the L board is also cheaper, though just around €10-€20 ATM.

I sent them an eMail, asking politely to refund the money to my credit card and asking for a returns label (wasn't included in the delivery, in contrast to the other deliveries belonging to my rig). Let's see whether they e-mail me one...

Hey, I've got a Mugen without a CPU... :(

I do mind it's the L version. The "L" stands for "low" or something, i. e. less features than the normal version. In this case: fewer heat-sinks (sucks because I want to overclock) and another PCI slot instead of one of the PCIe 1x slot (which I need). Logically, the L board is also cheaper, though just around €10-€20 ATM.

Hm it is? Well, I can't really compare anymore since It's all been replaced by the P55A series in the US. I guess Gigabyte realized that problem, so there's no P55A-UD3L. I hope you get a refund at no cost.
Edit: the UD3L is actually $10 more expensive here :confused:

I sent them an eMail, asking politely to refund the money to my credit card and asking for a returns label (wasn't included in the delivery, in contrast to the other deliveries belonging to my rig). Let's see whether they e-mail me one...

Fingers crossed :)

Hey, I've got a Mugen without a CPU... :(

Well we're just two birds of a feather, aren't we ;)
I hope my Mugen delivers by next Friday..

UD3:
447052.jpg

UD3L:
460988.jpg

Those capacitors or inverters or whatever on the left hand side of the CPU socket don't have a heat-sink on the UD3L.
You can see that there is one PCIe 1x missing.
Plus, the IDE port is stupidly located on the UD3L; I mean, the ODD is all the way up in the case and the port is at the bottom.

And have a look at this rear panel of the UD3L: :eek:
460988-1.jpg

I see your point. Thanks for the pics, I wouldn't be able to find them at online stores.
I guess the store really ripped you off, then.

The IDE port's placement is pretty awkward, but then again I'm surprised today's motherboards still come with IDE ports.

Haha that's a nice IO port.. I'm glad Gigabyte discontinued it.

Anyways, I like the "waiting for delivery" in your signature :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back