Contribute
Register

Just ordered mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't confirm that Usal, i have the i3 with 4gb and i get those lines too occasionally. But now with 10.7.2 its only like once a day. On 10.7.0 and the older packs it was many times a day.

cfb44 said:
masso912 said:
I also sometimes have the lines... very rarely. I think in the i3 the lines doesn't occur while in i5 yes for some reasons... .

just upgraded to 8 gb ram in my i3 4530s, and now I get two rows of lines in Safari...

Did you have any before? Maybe I won't get 8.

tonymacx86 said:
blueking said:
I at least have pretty good success with the hd 3000. Some people have graphics lines, but I never do.

Same here- it has something to do with the earlier HD 3000 drivers, not using the proper smbios.plist, not using UseKernelCache=Yes, and not using the proper amount of onboard shared RAM. The drivers are greatly improved in 10.7.2 thankfully!

Wait, are you saying caches make the graphics less glitchy?

i was leaning towards this model to upgrade my OSX experience from a netbook to a i3/i5...now I think it's a definite decision. Will be purchasing from your affiliate link for sure in the next few weeks.

blueking said:
cfb44 said:
masso912 said:
I also sometimes have the lines... very rarely. I think in the i3 the lines doesn't occur while in i5 yes for some reasons... .

just upgraded to 8 gb ram in my i3 4530s, and now I get two rows of lines in Safari...

Did you have any before? Maybe I won't get 8.

I'm pretty sure I have seen an occasional line before, but not like this. I am going to try 3GB and 4Gb again, and see what difference it makes...

FYI - I'm still on 10.7.1

I have 8 gb ram and I didn't notice any different since the upgrade. I had and I have very rarely these lines.
On i3 model.

Just running with one of the 4gb sticks, and the lines have stopped. will try 6GB shortly...

2 identical sticks. each one works fine alone. now running with 6gb and I have only had one line at the bottom (which I haven't been able to duplicate yet). Most of the time I just open youtube (thru Safari bookmark) and the intro video/ad is filled with lines. @ 4 and 6 gb is seems to be fine....

Wait! Do you have a DSDT? If so, try deleting it and then using 8. (Feel free to actually just move it out of /Extra and then after you see putting it back in)

After RAM changes technically you need to remake them. Sometime you are ok, but there was one user who couldn't even boot with his old DSDT after the upgrade.

that user was me! I never generated another DSDT - I'll try that with 8 and see if it helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back