Contribute
Register

Just ordered mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
waqarhassanpk said:
It seems that only people that are facing the graphics glitches are those that have dual gpu in their laptops.

I think there are some with just the HD3000 that get a few artifacts here and there. I haven't been using mine as exclusively this week because I'm not on site, but I was getting lots of weird lines etc before. I'll get it going today and see if I can recreate the issue. My graphics glitches might not be what you're thinking of.

In lion I get black lines across the screen on random programs at random times, if you take a screen shot they even show up in it but if you move the screen or move the mouse over them they disappear.
I've been using snow leopard for about a week now and I haven't seen 1 :clap: just now I need to get hdmi working :lolno:

I'm relatively new to the whole Mac scene but have been quite impressed.

I have been considering getting a MBA but they're far too expensive for my current budget and have been considering the Probook 4530s as suggested.

Although I would prefer to support one of the affiliates, and likely will go with Newegg or Amazon in the end, I was wondering what people thought of this build:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... 0&csid=_34

I was also wanting to know if it made much of a difference between the i3, i5 or i7 for Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion?

I'm hoping to do this right the first time around and not be in a position to where I have to upgrade shortly in the future just to keep up with things.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

waqarhassanpk said:
Inmike09 said:
I'm glad to hear that Lion is working so well for you. I really wish it would have been the same for me, but I just had too many random freezes and graphics glitches.
It seems that only people that are facing the graphics glitches are those that have dual gpu in their laptops. Since i have been using the laptop since last 6 days, i haven't even noticed a single glitch and the cool thing is i have been using it may be 16 hours a day.....
Though i had three or 4times the kernel panic but at the booting so i assume this is not something to be worried of as they got resolved on subsequent booting.....

mine is single gpu, and I will get the lines only when I go from 4 to 8 gb of ram. Other than that, the laptop runs perfectly (except for black screen boot on battery)

blueking said:
It appears lines may be permissions issues.

Including i5's with dual card? or hd3000 only versions?

Just people are saying this has fixed it. I'm not sure. Try running repair permissions on the hard drive.

See if that helps.

tonymacx86 said:
Taking the windows 7 sticker and other stickers off...

Apologies for the necrobump, but what'd you use to take the stickers off? I'd like to get rid of the Windows 7 and HP "selling points" stickers, but I'm wary of using any kind of solvent (Goof-Off, acetone, etc.) and having it mess up the finish.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back