Contribute
Register

Just ordered mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
I at least have pretty good success with the hd 3000. Some people have graphics lines, but I never do.

Same here- it has something to do with the earlier HD 3000 drivers, not using the proper smbios.plist, not using UseKernelCache=Yes, and not using the proper amount of onboard shared RAM. The drivers are greatly improved in 10.7.2 thankfully!

tonymacx86 said:
Dewitts said:
tonymacx86 said:
It's HD 3000 only- the version I got. But it shouldn't be hard to get HDMI audio out if that's what you mean.

That's what I like to hear :) bit of a shame it only has the hd 3000... then again would it actually be any better if the radeon card could be used?

I don't think that mobile AMD card is compatible anyhow. I'm using HD 3000 on the CustoMac mini with great success. It performs as smoothly as the Macbook air that's for sure. Hopefully the HP does the same.

Well a few of the other people have tried injecting the device id into the ati-c kext I think after reading viewtopic.php?f=119&t=19330 but I think they've failed for some reason, but I can't even boot with chimera in the 1st place I can only use chameleon.... I don't know why but I keep getting a panic and using chimera was part of the instructions as the card is now recognised by it.

This HD3000 is not bad, we do get occasional grey lines across the screen which can be annoying sometimes.
But maybe with your help on the fine tuning that will be ruled out anyway :)

tonymacx86 said:
blueking said:
I at least have pretty good success with the hd 3000. Some people have graphics lines, but I never do.

Same here- it has something to do with the earlier HD 3000 drivers, not using the proper smbios.plist, not using UseKernelCache=Yes, and not using the proper amount of onboard shared RAM. The drivers are greatly improved in 10.7.2 thankfully!

Well its weird though, most everyone has the same SMBIOS, use kernel cache, and have default RAM.

I don't know what's up with that. I personally don't see an improvement in 10.7.2, but I also never had problems, so I'm fine with that.

blueking said:
tonymacx86 said:
blueking said:

Well its weird though, most everyone has the same SMBIOS, use kernel cache, and have default RAM.

I don't know what's up with that. I personally don't see an improvement in 10.7.2, but I also never had problems, so I'm fine with that.

As far as the graphics lines go, last night when I was typing on here (only on safari) I had about 8 lines on my screen, I usually have 1.

I also sometimes have the lines... very rarely. I think in the i3 the lines doesn't occur while in i5 yes for some reasons... :|

Regarding the 6490m (6470m) it gets recognized and the kext are correctly loaded. But it's impossible to switch between the 6490m and the Intel3000...
Also no frame buffer for ati is loaded.

I wonder if there is anything to do with the amount of memory in the system...

blueking, how much ram you have allocated on your system? For people with 8GB, the system is allocating 512mb for video... is that the same if you have 4gb?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the package doing when I choose a processor (i3, i5 or i7) ?? Shouldn't everything that matters to it already be on the dsdt anyways???

Thanks

I have the i3 with 4 gigs of ram. Uping to 8 gigs eventually (probably christmas.)

All it does when you select the cpu is:

i3- selects faster boot
i5 or i7- gives option for faster boot or faster cpu. It really doesn't make a difference, its just if you hit i3, it removes the option for faster cpu as it doesn't help. But since I have an i3, if I really wanted to, I could hit that I have an i5 or i7 if I wanted and it would work.

so when's your new toy coming Tony???
Today or was it 3-5 days delivery??

masso912 said:
I also sometimes have the lines... very rarely. I think in the i3 the lines doesn't occur while in i5 yes for some reasons... .

just upgraded to 8 gb ram in my i3 4530s, and now I get two rows of lines in Safari...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back