Contribute
Register

Just ordered mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonymacx86 said:
Have some other ideas too- like a Probook installer like Multibeast for everything- rather than the pack. Maybe rolling in all of the fixes, bootloader, DSDTs for different models, etc... Maybe a ProBookBeast! :p

Maybe we can get the 4430s in there too? :) It's basically identical but with 14" stuff instead of 15".

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834157838

It is the same. I believe there is also a 4730 or something like that?

We may as well, all that is different is the screen.

Dewitts said:
tonymacx86 said:
I was also thinking that once standard minimal DSDT edits are done, we should get them into the DSDT Database, organized by model number.

Have some other ideas too- like a Probook installer like Multibeast for everything- rather than the pack. Maybe rolling in all of the fixes, bootloader, DSDTs for different models, etc... Maybe a ProBookBeast! :p

Morning guys :) nice to see the work in progress :clap:

On the note of DSDT's and the database.... (actually i'm not sure if it's a question or a point) we've notice that when you change the ram that a new DSDT needs to be made otherwise it causes problems, standard is 4gb I believe 1 person has 6 and most upgraders have 8...
I'm not so sure that a DSDT database is "the way forward" but maybe the system we have with the autopatch is because it makes the edits to your extracted DSDT which means IF I decided to upgrade I could just hit the "apply patches" with the "Extract DSDT from system" and bingo!!
If I downloaded a DSDT for 4gb and wanted to upgrade to 8gb I would then have to research how, what and where I need to edit the DSDT to make it recognise 8gb... Some noobs just aren't that bright...

I downloaded a DSDT from the database whilst making a friends desktop from 1 of your recommended builds.... I have no idea if the DSDT was for a 2, 4, or 8gb system.
Which reminds me I still need to go and try sorting that out because the dope upgraded to 10.7.2 and lost the hdmi sound plus the onboard sound and I don't even know how I got it in the 1st place... ironically I can't find any questions on the board for the mobo...

Anyway lol off topic on a tangent...

Having any amount of RAM is not going to affect the DSDT. A DSDT is an extract from a BIOS- nothing more. As long as you have the same BIOS and the same model HP Probook you can use each other's pre-edited DSDTs.

oh, lots of people have had issues when upgrading their ram and the solution has been to remake a dsdt... I can't name who has had that experience but i've seen it more than once in this topic... so I thought that was how it worked :crazy:

I remade my DSDT but only because someone else told me I had to. Heh. Good to know that this isn't needed.

So how did you do your install Tony? USB?

I had to remake my DSDT as well. Maybe because our laptop is equipped with UEFI/BIOS
Anytime I make configuration changes or make "reset to defaults" I get KP with existing DSDT

I had to delete my DSDT in order to boot with anything other than the original 3GB (which is what I had installed when I created the original DSDT)..

blueking said:
How's it working for you Tony? Found anything out?

It's working great- should have some time the next few days to monkey around with it some more.

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

tonymacx86 said:
blueking said:
How's it working for you Tony? Found anything out?

It's working great- should have some time the next few days to monkey around with it some more.

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Funny enough I almost wrote a post earlier saying " I wonder what Tony has been working on and what he's found out or achieved" :lol:

By the way, can someone help me with some info? Google and voodoolabs search bar just aren't helping!!!
On my attempt at getting the ati card running (there is now a topic) i'm already stumped because I don't know how to actually build the chameleon download I have and can't find instructions on how to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back