Contribute
Register

Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this to work as well although I would prefer it to use the FN key instead of CTL. I'll figure out how to do that
Unfortunately the FN keys do not go through the standard OSX keyboard handler, they work at a BIOS/AHCI level so its not possible without a lot of DSDT debugging and coding work, probably more trouble than its worth. I've tried all sorts of DSDT edits suggested on other forums but none have worked, CTRL-F5/F6 is as close as i've been able to get, but if you do find a woking solution please let me know so I can add it to the Guide.

Is anyone willing to share they KeyReMap4MacBook xml file? I'd like to see what sort of fancy shortcuts others have built into their Monkeybooks
KeyReMap4MacBook is for really remapping existing OSX key codes. If you want to create custom shortcuts I recommend installing 'Better Touch Tool' anther fine piece of community software. Here are my custom OSX shortcuts:-

Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 00.17.10.png

In addition to creating custom global shortcuts, you can create app specific ones, you can also create custom gestures if you have apple touch mouse or pad (does not work with built-in touch pad), I also use it to allow me to use an Apple IR remote with my MonkeyMAC Media Player.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks again, Jay.

%'s are showing up and looks good! Both batteries are listed as "internal." Is the the second internal battery the sheet battery?

Screens attached.

Yes, Looks like its working as good as it can for now, please see previous post on known issues.

Cheers
Jay

Hi all,

I have SA model and currently running Mountain Lion. Can I just use the DSDT for Mountain Lion(thanks to CyberWalrus' post) to install Mavericks? Or just use the SE DSDT and replace the EDID information with my EDID?
Thanks

=======================================================
updated

I used DSDT file for Mountain Lion and files from 1st post of this thread (thanks Jay) to do the installation and it did work. The installation is done smoothly and then after reboot, the welcome screen is shown up and I can complete the basic OSX startup procedures.

After finishing the post installation and re-boot, the system is up and awaiting for the password to be input. At this moment the keyboard seems malfunction so I can't type my password. Is there any way to disable the password or I need to re-install the OSX ?
Thanks

After finishing the post installation and re-boot, the system is up and awaiting for the password to be input. At this moment the keyboard seems malfunction so I can't type my password. Is there any way to disable the password or I need to re-install the OSX ?
Thanks
Hi,

Check that you have deleted these two files:-

• AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext
And rebuild the cache using kext utility, You can connect a usb keyboard to get you up and running, should be no need the reinstall osx.

The version of voodoops2controller in my post install pack is for sony SE which has support for Synaptics touchpad, Sony SA has alps touch pad so you will need to use this version, please download and install from this link :-

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.p...or-e6520-alps/

Good luck
Jay

Hi,

Check that you have deleted these two files:-

• AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext
And rebuild the cache using kext utility, You can connect a usb keyboard to get you up and running, should be no need the reinstall osx.

The version of voodoops2controller in my post install pack is for sony SE which has support for Synaptics touchpad, Sony SA has alps touch pad so you will need to use this version, please download and install from this link :-

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.p...or-e6520-alps/

Good luck
Jay

Thanks a lot. I re-install the system by following the instructions and now it works fine. I'll try the new OSX system and see if everything goes well. Thanks again for the help from you all.

Hi,
My name is Mario, I am new here, and I would like to ask you, If you can help me with instalation OSX on may vaio VPCSE2f1e. I go step by step in http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. It start to boot (you can see video at http://www.siska.sk/VIDEO0006.mp4) - but after while blank screen and nothing else. Can you hel me? Iam new in OSX. Thanx for any advice. See

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hi,
My name is Mario, I am new here, and I would like to ask you, If you can help me with instalation OSX on may vaio VPCSE2f1e. I go step by step in http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. It start to boot (you can see video at http://www.siska.sk/VIDEO0006.mp4) - but after while blank screen and nothing else. Can you hel me? Iam new in OSX. Thanx for any advice. See
Installing OSX on Sony Laptops are a little bit more specific, the guide you link to is more of a generic / learning guide, have you tried my guide at the start of this thread@-

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...te-sony-vpc-se-customac-build.html#post699323

it is specifically for Sony SE2 so should work for you.

Cheers
Jay

newMMP-Logo.jpg Sony Vaio VPC-SE2
MonkeyBook Pro
Mavericks Combo-Update
Install Method

This procedure has been confirmed to install the following Combo-Updates on Sony SA/SB/SE :-

Method
1. Ensure you have an up-to-date Time Machine and/or CCC backup
2. Backup your customised AppleHDA.kext & AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from /S/L/E
3. Backup AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext from /S/L/E
Important: If you are using any other patched or non-vanilla kexts such as IO80211Family.kext for 5ghz WiFi then you should also make backup's of them too.​

4. Download the appropriate Combo Update from the links above.
5. Run Multibeast and install Drivers->Misc->NullCPUPowerManagment, click build, then install.
6. Run the Combo Update and Reboot (the rest of the update will be installed during shutdown)
7. After reboot, Navigate to /S/L/E and delete NullCPUPowerManagment.kext
8. Run the latest Multibeast and reinstall the Trim Enabler (if using SSD)
9. Run kext utility, and re-install the three kext's you backed up from steps 2 & 3
10. Once Kext utility has finished run Disk Utility and repair disk permissions <- Important
11. Shut down/restart.

After you have finished installing the update you can try re-patching any additional kext's such as IO80211Family.kext using the original patching method. If any kexts don't work after patching you can always go back to the previous version from the backups you made, install them via kext utility.

Once you finished, reboot and hopefully everything should be as it was, I did not loose my ATM customisations and all seems to be working well, no issues so far :-

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 12.55.15.png

Like I said at step 1 please make sure you have a full and complete backup before you start.

If you find things are not working after the combo update, try downloading the latest multibeast and re-install all of the following :-

• SSD Trim Enabler
  • FakeSMC
  • FakeSMC Plugins (do not select Nvidia)
  • USB 3.0 Universal kext driver
  • Lnx2Mac’s Realtek LAN Controller kext driver
  • Apple RTC Patch for CMOS Reset
If you forget to backup the customised kext's you can install them again from the kext folder in the Archive in the main guide using kext utility.

Once you have fished updating, reboot and check all is ok.

Important: If you do not install NullCPUPowerManagment.kext prior to running the update then you will get a Kernel Panic (KP) on next OSX boot due to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext being replaced in /S/L/E by the combo update.

If you have a different CPU or Sony SA/SB you my not experience this problem but if you do the way I fixed it was as follows:-

Remove the system drive from your laptop and attach to another OSX system. Navigate to /S/L/E on the laptop drive and rename AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.comboupdate then copy the backed up version from Step 3 to S/L/E on the laptop drive. Once done eject the drive and refit in your laptop and boot back into OSX with '-f' switch.

It should also be possible to fix the problem via the command line if you can boot into single user mode '-s' but only go this route if your confident with working on the system files at a console level.

Alternatively use ReHabMans method (1) in the post bellow

Cheers
Jay

Mavericks 10.9.2 Update

After the reboot my system would KP due to AppleIntelCPUManagment.kext being replaced in /S/L/E

If you have a different CPU or Sony SA/SB you my not experience this problem but if you do, remove the system drive from your laptop and attach to another OSX system. Navigate to /S/L/E on the laptop drive and rename AppleIntelCPUManagment.kext to AppleIntelCPUManagment.92 then copy the backed up version from Step 3 to S/L/E on the laptop drive. Once done eject the drive and refit in your laptop.

There is a couple of different ways to deal with the update to AICPUPM (including your way...).

These might be a bit easier:

1. After the update, boot using your Unibeast USB. Use "-f" (ignore caches) to boot into your existing HDD install. Perform any post-update fixes you need (eg. installing patched AICPUPM). Reboot.

2. Prior to the update, place NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /Extra/Extensions. After the update boot with "-f UseKernelCache=N". Perform any post-update fixes you need (eg. installing patched AICPUPM). Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /Extra/Extensions. Reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back