Contribute
Register

January 2023 Mac Announcement: M2 MacBook Pros & Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video really goes into great detail, comparing the M1 and M2/Pro chips with each other.
He focuses mainly on photo and video editing.

This one focuses on just the M2 and M2 Pro minis.

Many thanks for sharing the first video review.
As a photographer, this review is what I was looking for. I was interested about the comparison between the MM2 PRO and the MS1 MAX and I am literally impressed by the performance of the MM2 PRO, which costs about 300 euros less than the MS1 Max in my country.
So it’s cheaper and performs better. Nothing to add on my POV.

Last edited:
I haven't done any Hackintosh building for a while, it was just an exercise during Covid lockdown to see if I could put macOS on whatever hardware I had to hand around the house. I was fortunate enough to get handed a M1 Mac Mini and M1 Pro 14" MacBook from work which were retired after a research project, which are now my main machines. I'm definitely interested in the M2 Mac Mini, but concerned that some videos have suggested the performance isn't as good as the M1 because of power and heat consumption.

I haven't done any Hackintosh building for a while, it was just an exercise during Covid lockdown to see if I could put macOS on whatever hardware I had to hand around the house. I was fortunate enough to get handed a M1 Mac Mini and M1 Pro 14" MacBook from work which were retired after a research project, which are now my main machines. I'm definitely interested in the M2 Mac Mini, but concerned that some videos have suggested the performance isn't as good as the M1 because of power and heat consumption.

The videos I've watched on the M2 MacBook Air placed abnormal amount load to force it to throttle. I don't think normal users would ever have issues.

I got an M2 max for what I need 3D BIM, Unreal & Twinmotion Rendering, office work it totally handles it.. other than maybe I should have gotten the 64gb version for more memory overhead. For any work setting I would recommend the 64gb version one even if you do not think you will need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back