Contribute
Register

January 2023 Mac Announcement: M2 MacBook Pros & Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not into gaming at all, so this may be a naive question: why not get a PS or Xbox for very little money(less than a proper GPU) and use that for gaming? Keep it out of the way of work and all...

For me, I would have to hook up a console to the family TV, then it would be a battle for screen time.

I actually do have a PSX and Xbox, Xbox 360! :) but I like everything on my rig.

Yay!, do you like the 5700X?, it kind of surprised me after installing on my A320I-K. This is the best part about hackintoshing and building your own machine, picking upgrade paths and getting stuff to work.
The 5700X is working very well and providing a decent boost over its predecessor. I think overall smoothness of macOS on AMD was significantly improved with the TSC patch (time stamp counter) we developed and pull-requested into OpenCore 0.8.7. It didn't just fix audio stutter -- it fixed visual stutter as well.

Last edited:
The 5700X is working very well and providing a decent boost over its predecessor. I think overall smoothness of macOS on AMD was significantly improved with the TSC patch (time stamp counter) we developed and pull-requested into OpenCore 0.8.7.

And how about the benches?. I noticed a big boost on the single core performance on the 320 over the 550 chipsets.

Yeah, being originally from the UK, you’d of thought I had a grasp of English grammar!. Oh well!, happy to improve.

It didn't just fix audio stutter -- it fixed visual stutter as well.
AMD iGPU support incoming?, is it a timing issue you think?.

Last edited:
AMD iGPU support incoming?, is it a timing issue you think?.
By visual stutter, I was referring to windows not moving smoothly, but stuttering as we tried to move them. When CPU cores are out of time-sync with each other, all sorts of subtle and not-so-subtle artifacts can occur. Audio stuttering was a not-so-subtle artifact -- it was the one everybody was complaining about -- but subtle forms of stuttering were occurring elsewhere. Those have also been fixed.

The 5700X is working very well and providing a decent boost over its predecessor. I think overall smoothness of macOS on AMD was significantly improved with the TSC patch (time stamp counter) we developed and pull-requested into OpenCore 0.8.7. It didn't just fix audio stutter -- it fixed visual stutter as well.

I am still on OC 0.8.2 for my daily driver. What's with the OC TSC patch? Missed that completely.

I am still on OC 0.8.2 for my daily driver. What's with the OC TSC patch? Missed that completely.
It applies only to AMD Ryzentosh.

WOW! For someone who's old enough to know better, you most certainly don't.
I apologize to you. It wasn't my intention to antagonize anyone personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back