Contribute
Register

January 2023 Mac Announcement: M2 MacBook Pros & Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Hackintosh front I’ve suffered from total lack of self-control. How many of those things do I have now (since Nov 2018)? Hmm, let’s just shove that under the rug.
There is an endorphin effect, probably dopamine too, of completing a build, installing macOS and getting everything working that you just don't experience buying a new Mac from Apple. So no need to be ashamed of that. Probably many worse addictions you could feed. Like Bridget from CNET, binging on sugar and caffeine to get that same feeling.

It would make little sense to do so. Imagine Apple asking some Dell reviewers to give an opinion on it.

MacWorld seems underwehlmed by M2 despite the better performance it seems in favor of wanting a massive jump like M1 from Intel was. I'd think that would be unsustainable. Also likely not a good practice to establish for Apple if they did that.

Personally, I found the performance improvements pretty impressive. If I didn't already have an Apple Silicon Mac, I'd jump in. But, since I already do, I'll wait for 3mn and Armv9.

It's free advertising for Apple. They pick out primarily large 5 million + subs YT channels (that have signed the Apple NDA) that only say things they want people to hear about their products. They send them samples that they have to return after the review. The Youtuber gets exclusive early content and makes money from this too, from all the extra views and resulting ad revenue. They should really be sending them to the smaller YT channels like yours, imho.
I don’t know that I want to continue with my channel, I can see how it could turn into a FT job. There is enough content to put in, but it wouldn’t be worth doing daily or weekly. And to be honest I don’t want subscribers, if someone finds my take funny or informative then I’ve done my job.

I can see how it could turn into a FT job
Yes, writing the script, recording the video and editing it and finally posting it takes a lot of time and effort. When you start out, there's not much financial reward for your efforts. It has to be a labor of love to stick with it long enough to make any real money doing that.

Yes, writing the script, recording the video and editing it and finally posting it takes a lot of time and effort. When you start out, there's not much financial reward for your efforts. It has to be a labor of love to stick with it long enough to make any real money doing that.
So I shouldn’t expect a Mac Pro heading for review on Hack Desk!, because the 1st thing I’m likely to say is, ‘that’s not a cube’, boo…

‘Why do the wheels cost more than the Mac?’.

‘Why do the wheels cost more than the Mac?’.
That would be your first and only pre-release Apple product review. They'd scratch your name off the list.

That would be your first and only pre-release Apple product review. They'd scratch your name off the list.
I think Tim needs to relax a bit and stop sending products to the sycophants because we’re all getting a bit bored of hearing it. He needs to think ‘fun’ and ‘different’, back to where it started.

He needs to think ‘fun’ and ‘different’, back to where it started.
Many Youtubers and leakers are saying the AR/VR headset is set for release this Spring at an event. Supposed to eventually replace the iPhone and the Mac. You'll have a virtual 8K display in front of you wherever you go. Cost will be close to 3 grand but it replaces your iPhone, laptop, Mac Desktop, iPad and Apple Watch, which when you total those up cost way more than 3000 dollars. You'll still need to wear your AirPods for the audio.

Will they sell at that price ? That's the big question mark. Does everyone want an 8K VR display in front of them instead of an LCD display ? Will they cannabalize all their biggest selling products ? Will this be the next "iPhone moment" ??? We'll soon find out if at the end of the next Apple event Tim Cook says "There's just one more thing."

1674525842547.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back