Contribute
Register

January 2023 Mac Announcement: M2 MacBook Pros & Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96 Always pragmatical! Cheers my friend! :thumbup:

A handful of states don't even collect any sales tax. For Example. Buy your MBP in Oregon and you don't pay a nickel in sales taxes.

Four states — Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon — have no statewide sales tax, or local sales taxes, either.

OH, so you have your own tax haven, inside of your country. (In EU we have Luxemburg and others too)

The warranty in Europe is two years at least, in some countries more time.
Swapping the keyboard, is another reason to loose warranty.

@CaseySJ, I read that the new MBPs use WiFi 6E chipset. Hope we can find an over the counter compatible card for our hackintoshes.
That would be a nice feature to have in Hacks. Having heard there's been an OpenIntelWireless group that has made macOS compatible kexts (network and Bluetooth) for a number of Intel WiFi cards - including this one...
Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 7.33.41 PM.png

...I went ahead and bought a new WiFi 6E mesh router to replace our old FiOS one as well as the above 6E card. The only disappointment is that the OIW group currently only enabled WiFi 4 & 5 in their drivers with no info about when - or even if they will enable WiFi 6/6E in them. Otherwise, it works at full speed when I boot into Windows 11 and get around 1,800 Mbps. Handoff and Airdrop (one-way from Mac to iPhone only) are the only BT features currently working.

@CaseySJ I think you need to talk with Bridget about her excessive sugar (and Caffeine) consumption. You can view the evidence in her facial gestures throughout the video.

Last edited:
Bridget needs a better script writer too. Not accurate. She says the Intel Mac mini is gone but then says the Mac Studio is the last Intel Mac you can buy ??? Wait, what ?

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Screen Shot 6.jpg

I think that she meant the 2019 Mac Pro. OOPS ! Time to find a new script writer that knows Apple products.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

"Did I really say that ?" Yes, Bridget, you did. Please watch the following video.

Last edited:
I've never understood why doubling the storage results in 3x the price ? Maybe someone at Apple could use the calculator app to get the pricing right.

View attachment 562077
here the math/Logic
512GB ➧ 1TB : +$200 for extra 512Gb
512GB ➧ 2TB : +$600 for extra 3x512Gb
Don't shoot the messenger :p

The new MBP and Mac mini M2 models embargo has lifted. First reviews are coming out.

Last edited:
The new MBP M2 models embargo has lifted. First reviews are coming out.

The M2 Pro in new Mac mini looks really good. But the most informative YouTube videos on new Apple products are those from MaxTech. Apple doesn’t send them review samples so they make their own purchases on release day.

I am eagerly waiting for a barrage of MaxTech videos to come out. They ordered 10 or more variants of the new products if I recall correctly.

Their scalability tests (how performance scales or does not scale with increasing number of CPU and GPU cores) in 2021 MacBook Pros were simply astonishing.

If anyone can find skeletons in the closets of these products, they can.

here the math/Logic
Apple's faulty logic at best. What matters to you, the consumer is what you get in your laptop, not what you're upgrading from. Pay 200 dollars to get one TB, pay 400 dollars to get two would be slightly reasonable. When adding 512 GB to the base storage, that probably costs Apple 20 dollars or less, the upgrade price is $200 ? A 10x markup ? If it were fifty dollars to upgrade to 1TB and 2TB were 150 dollars for the upgrade, I could live with that. When it's 200 and 600 dollars for the upgrades it's nothing but a company taking advantage of (robbing it's customers) due to the fact you can't upgrade storage yourself after purchase. They're charging prices for their SSDs appropriate for what they cost over ten years ago.

Last edited:
The most informative YouTube videos on new Apple products are those from MaxTech. Apple doesn’t send them review samples so they make their own purchases on release day.
Apple never sends pre-release products to any Youtubers that might make them look less than favorable. That's why MKBHD and iJustine always gets them and Max and Vadim never do.

I have to wonder why Apple hasn't made a pink "iJustine" edition of the Mac mini ? Seems like it would be a hit with all the 13-16 year old girls that have their own Youtube channels.

1674507885060.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back