Contribute
Register

Ivy Bridge (Intel i7 3770 (non-k) with Radeon 6870 1GB, SSD 128gb and ASUS® P8Z77-V LX) Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Windows 7
CPU
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Graphics
1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6870 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I'm sure you've seen thousands of these posts so for that I am sorry.

I tried installing Mac OS X on my pc a little while ago and it really f***** everything up and I had to reinstall everything and I had to reinstall the firmware on my motherboard. It was a total mess.

I could really do with a helping hand. If I need to change some of my specs I can do, obviously I'd rather not but if I do then I do.

My specs are:

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Case InWIN BLACK DRAGON RIDER GAMING CASE
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6870 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Graphics Card NONE
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Graphics Card NONE
1[SUP]st[/SUP] Hard Disk 128gb SSD Kingston (I think it has to be in IDE mode for it to work properly? It's that or ASCHII or whatever it's called)
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Hard Disk 500GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD5002AALX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID NONE
M.2 SSD Drive NONE
1[SUP]st[/SUP] DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£59)
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
THANK YOU!!!!!

I have the same processor as you, but slotted into a cheap MSI P61 based motherboard, and it's fine. Works perfectly, and is plenty fast enough.

You must set your SATA devices to be AHCI, not IDE.

Installing OS X should not have caused the problems you describe with your motherboard. Are you sure it's not faulty? I had a Gigabyte mobo that turned out to be faulty and it exhibited some of the symptoms you've had.

FWIW, I've installed OSX using the qlover Note, Clover Configurator, and Multibeast.

I have the same processor as you, but slotted into a cheap MSI P61 based motherboard, and it's fine. Works perfectly, and is plenty fast enough.

You must set your SATA devices to be AHCI, not IDE.

Installing OS X should not have caused the problems you describe with your motherboard. Are you sure it's not faulty? I had a Gigabyte mobo that turned out to be faulty and it exhibited some of the symptoms you've had.

FWIW, I've installed OSX using the qlover Note, Clover Configurator, and Multibeast.

I retraced my steps and it was because I reset everything to try and fix it and that was what caused me to have to reinstall the mobo firmware. What version of OSX are you using and am I able to update from Snow Leopard to Mavericks? I don't have a Mac so I assume that I'll have to start at Snow Leopard and go up from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back