Contribute
Register

Itunes video not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem. But I also cannot get my i7-4770K chip's HD4600 accelerated graphics working... I assume that is why iTunes cannot play any videos (sounds works, though). I haven't seen anything definitive, here. Im not sure that I have the option to install the 32-bit version of iTunes.

Playback of protected, legally-purchased content is now broken under Sandy Bridge as well - for El Capitan. I had full playback until I "upgraded" from Yosemite. :p

You cannot play protected content (HDCP) through an external monitor. ... not unless you have one of their newest Apple Cinema Displays. You'll just get a black screen. This is BY-DESIGN, by Apple. No protected HDCP movies output to an external monitor.

You can only play HDCP movies on an iMac, iphone, ipad, and Apple laptops with built-in monitors.

Workaround: Right click on the HD movie, select Version, and select Standard Definition (SD). It should now play.

This is not true. An HD movie bought on iTunes - plays on 32" HDTV externally connected through HDMI. Same video does not play on Mac Mini connected to 24" computer monitor through the same cable. Gives HDCP error.

Im on El Capitan 10.11.3 and can´t watch a trailer from itunes. Any tips? Im on a Broadwell with intel HD graphics 5500.

Im on El Capitan 10.11.3 and can´t watch a trailer from itunes. Any tips? Im on a Broadwell with intel HD graphics 5500.

If the trailer contains iTunes DRM, you won't be able to watch it on your computer via iTunes on your build. Anything later than the SandyBridge architecture is broken on custom-built Macs; iTunes will not play back protected iTunes video content on any of those machines. In my case, the upgrade to El Capitan broke playback on my previously-working Sandy Bridge build, as well, but it may have to do with Clover or some other setting rather than El Capitan itself. (Evidence points in that direction, at least.)

This thread does explained alot of things, now i know why i can't play itunes movie trailer on my pc.

DerDings solution worked for me too. Using GTX 770 as main GD,
3,6 GHz Intel Core i7, OS X 10.11.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back