Contribute
Register

Itunes video not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting in iTunes (version 11) 32 bit mode worked for me too. Thanks for the information, as just started to get everything installed today.

Thanks for this solution! I updated to itunes 11 today and everything stopped working, but setting it to 32-bit worked. Are there any repercussions for running in 32-bit mode? It seems slightly slower but not by much.

OH. MY. ****ING. GOD.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS SOLUTION.

You have NO IDEA how many endless hours I have spent trying to watch movies that I have had for YEARS on iTunes.

1. Tried reverting to 10.7 then re-installing to iTunes 11.
2. Tried de-authorizing, re-authorizing, signing in and out countless times.
3. Pulled a few hairs here and there.
4. Trolling the Apple discussion forums which are as helpless as twiddling your thumbs for the same amount of time.
5. Giving up.

Switching iTunes to 32-bit mode worked immediately. This just made my freaking day.

Now I can celebrate the end of the world by watching my movies. Thanks so freaking much!:thumbup:

So I am running an h77n-wifi and i3-3225. I switched to iTunes 32-bit mode and it the only difference was it played about the first three or four seconds before it showed the HDCP error. I have a pretty new Samsung that I am using for my display via hdmi. I had trouble viewing a rental previously and switching to 32 bit mode enabled me to watch that but it hasnt enabled me to watch my HD Curb Your Enthusiasm downloads. Any thoughts? Any of the program recommendations I could find for scrubbing the files were out of date and not compatible with mountain lion.

thank you very much for the solution!!! this is huge for me!!! but what do we do when apple upgrades itunes and breaks this loophole?

Try this:
I could not play purchased HD TV shows and movies from iTunes anymore! I finally figured it out to some extent, by that I mean I'm pretty sure this fixed my problem, though I'm not exactly sure why...yet.

I was, silly me, running itunes in 64 bit mode in ML. In order to get HD content to play on my hdmi connected Panasonic HD TV I have to run iTunes in 32 bit mode.

To run itunes in 32-bit mode, select the itunes application in the Finder, choose the "get info" command int he file menu, and check the "open in 32-bit mode" checkbox in the itunes info window.".....bada bing!

Not sure what kind of repercussions this might have yet but I can now watch Game of Thrones in HD! Hope this helps you all.

Just having this problem, Unbelievable!!!!! Worked a charm Thanks.

Now with iTunes 11.0.2 the 32-bit option is not working for me anymore. I cant view any iTunes purchased videos. I just get a black window and the movie does not play.

Now with iTunes 11.0.2 the 32-bit option is not working for me anymore. I cant view any iTunes purchased videos. I just get a black window and the movie does not play.

My son was having exactly the same problem here. Everything was okay with 11.0.1 and broke with 11.0.2. The only saving grace was that we have identical Hackintoshes and my mirror drive still had 11.0.1 on it. So I cloned my mirror drive to an external hard drive, deleted my user folder, copied his user folder to it, and then cloned it to his mirror drive. After starting his computer with his mirror drive, properly renaming it, and setting up his user account, his purchased movies once again play properly in 32-bit mode. Once I was sure he was back in business we then cloned his mirror drive back to his main drive and said NO! to the iTunes update offer. :mrgreen: Hopefully those bozos will fix this problem because it is very annoying to have purchased movies and not be able to watch them.

Tom

And one additional point I left out: simply replacing iTunes 11.0.2 with 11.0.1 does not resolve the problem. The only thing that worked was having a copy of OS X which had never been updated at all.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back