Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Anyone have things working? I am having a bitch of a time getting anything other then downloading the purchase. 10.12.2 Nvidia 980ti, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H f10, Clover EFI, iMac14,2
If so, can you do me a LARGE favour and upload the files and everything you are doing to get it working?
Merry Christmas!!

What does this mean? And how do i fix it?

GVA error: Not detecting IGPU in IORegistry!
GVA error: Not detecting valid offline codec!
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...69 completed.

[Process completed]

Hi guys. Anyone have things working? I am having a bitch of a time getting anything other then downloading the purchase. 10.12.2 Nvidia 980ti, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H f10, Clover EFI, iMac14,2
If so, can you do me a LARGE favour and upload the files and everything you are doing to get it working?
Merry Christmas!!

I can run through my configuration although there's no guarantee that'll work (different board and processor):
1) I'm using SMBIOS 14,2
2) Copy the attached kext files (Shiki/iMac) to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other
3) I did NOT set com.apple.AppleGVA as outlined in post #1
4) I am injecting the integrated GPU via Clover (device ID 0x1912) although there's no display attached to it (using GTX 970 with displays attached via DVI)
5) Reset your DRM by deleting /Users/Shared/SC Info
6) Restart

Attachments

• Shiki.kext.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 132
  • iMac.kext.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 172
I can run through my configuration although there's no guarantee that'll work (different board and processor):
1) I'm using SMBIOS 14,2
2) Copy the attached kext files (Shiki/iMac) to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other
3) I did NOT set com.apple.AppleGVA as outlined in post #1
4) I am injecting the integrated GPU via Clover (device ID 0x1912) although there's no display attached to it (using GTX 970 with displays attached via DVI)
5) Reset your DRM by deleting /Users/Shared/SC Info
6) Restart

Thanks for the reply Greg.
How do I inject GPU Via Clover?

Thanks for the reply Greg.
How do I inject GPU Via Clover?

You've got a Haswel chip, right? If using Clover configurator, go the Graphics section and select the "Inject Intel" check box. For Skylake, there's a specific device ID to enter for ig-platform-id. I have no idea what you need to do for a Haswel CPU. Suggest you check the forums here for guidance on that particular chipset.

You've got a Haswel chip, right? If using Clover configurator, go the Graphics section and select the "Inject Intel" check box. For Skylake, there's a specific device ID to enter for ig-platform-id. I have no idea what you need to do for a Haswel CPU. Suggest you check the forums here for guidance on that particular chipset.

CPU Haswell
GPU Maxwell
This is where I get lost.

Hey Greg. You still have the onboard graphics card turned on in the Bios? I have mine turned off.

Thank you, deleting that file actually worked!!! :)

So for anyone who still can't get it to work:

1. I did everything as in the OP
2. Copied shiki.kext to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
3. Deleted /S/L/E/AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
4. Reboot (it froze during bootup)
5. Reboot
6. Profit :)

Thank you this worked perfectly for me on 10.11.6.

macOS Sierra 10.12.3 update will break the ability to play movies and trailers in iTunes, in my case all I had to do to remedy this, I once again had to remove this kext AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVAdriver.bundle from S/L/E -> repair permissions and reboot. I didn't have to go through the whole process again in Post#1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back