Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I can finally watch iTunes HD content again.
All I had to do was a reset of the DRM configuration

from Shiki FAQ (https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/blob/master/FAQ.en.md):

How do I reset my DRM configuration (may be needed to fix the crashes)?

Run the following commands in terminal:
defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
sudo rm -rf /Users/Shared/SC\ Info
sudo defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
sudo defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
Afterwards make sure AppleGVA sigature is valid (the command should output nothing):
codesign --no-strict --verify /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework
If it is not, restore AppleGVA.framework from a newly installed system with the correct permissions.
Reboot twice.

My setup now:
- HD 530 active
- ig-platform-id 0x19120000
- Inject Intel yes
- latest Nvidia web drivers for GTX 960

HDCP is still broken (amazon video sets to SD and gives the HDCP message).
AirPlay mirroring still available.

It didn't last long.
1 restart and NVIDIA driver can't start...

I tried several times.
After a fresh install of NVIDIA web driver and a restart the system is running good.
The next restart kills NVIDIA web driver.
Uninstall and install again, each followed by restart, same results...

I'm stuck in this loop now

So why is this a problem for only Ivy Bridge and later? Interested to know!

Oh man. check the iMac kext look near the bottom of the info.plist and check whether or not the nvdastartup entry is still there.
Or try the copy I uploaded directly from my clovers kexts folder... I guess.

Dude, this helped me get my videos working through iTunes. Thanks so much.

I put Shiki.kext 1.09 and your iMac.kext in /EFI/Clover/10.12 then restarted.

Finally got it working.

Followed OP instructions. Installed iMac.kext to EFI/Clover/Other. At this point I got HD trailers working, but not purchased movies. To get them to work, I used spoofmac to spoof my mac address at boot. iTunes movies seem to work fine now, but still can't get iMessage to work :/

Cannot reset DRM neither com.apple. file exist in 10.12.1 it seems. Itunes black screen prevails. Also no multiple monitor support on GTX980 with web driver /Mac 14.2. after booting DVI supports all resolutions up to 2560x1600, display ports only show up to 1600x1200, HDMI gives 1980x1080

Get only this:
Domain (com.apple.coremedia) not found.
Defaults have not been changed.

After the update to 10.12.2 my capability to play iTunes movies broke. What helped was following the steps in post #1 AGAIN. Obviously, you need to do that every time once NVidia updates their drivers. I made myself a handy little shell script, that I can just run when this happens.

So, I can now play iTunes movies again, but the iTunes Extra content is still not working. Not sure why.

After the update to 10.12.2 my capability to play iTunes movies broke. What helped was following the steps in post #1 AGAIN. Obviously, you need to do that every time once NVidia updates their drivers. I made myself a handy little shell script, that I can just run when this happens.

So, I can now play iTunes movies again, but the iTunes Extra content is still not working. Not sure why.

Broke how exactly? Over the weekend (post 10.12.2 update), I noticed that if I play a purchased movie for more than 1-2 minutes, the video stream will start to pause and/or pixelate - eventually becoming unwatchable. This is with Shiki.kext and the recently updated iMac.kext to allow playback on an Nvidia card (GTX 970 in this case).

I had exactly the same issue. Follow the steps in post #1 and you're good again. Well, except for playing iTunes Extra content. That still doesn't work. :p

Thanks for the info. Resetting the DRM from the instructions appears to have fixed it on my end - I only had to delete /Users/Shared/SC Info, restart, and then re-authorize when prompted. Works fine now - successfully played a purchased movie for 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back