Contribute
Register

iTunes HD content not working on my ivy Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am as well. SD videos play fine, but HD, either 720p or 1080p juts produce a black screen and the time counter doesn't move. Other non-protected HD content (trailers and such) play just fine. I assume it's not an HDCP problem, as my SD files of the same purchased movies play just fine.

Could it be a DVI issue? The cable I am using is DVI, should I get a DVI-D cable? Can't see how that would make a difference though. Seems to be an apple/itunes issue.

Might have something to do with:

"OSMetaClass: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferCapri class HDCPCtrl is a duplicate;kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB already has a class by that name."

Doing some research to see what those guys do.

Having similar issue. NOTHING will play properly and I get a pink acid test screen.

I'm having this issue too. Very frustrating! Pink madness.

EDIT - fixed it by changing my system def to Mac 3,1 and disabling my onboard graphics (which means I lose Airplay, but whatever).

Yes. I have an external graphics card so that is what I am using anyway. I had turned on my internal graphics just so that I could have Airplay, but that seems to have been a problem.

Try this:
I could not play purchased HD TV shows and movies from iTunes anymore! I finally figured it out to some extent, by that I mean I'm pretty sure this fixed my problem, though I'm not exactly sure why...yet.

I was, silly me, running itunes in 64 bit mode in ML. In order to get HD content to play on my hdmi connected Panasonic HD TV I have to run iTunes in 32 bit mode.

To run itunes in 32-bit mode, select the itunes application in the Finder, choose the "get info" command int he file menu, and check the "open in 32-bit mode" checkbox in the itunes info window.".....bada bing!

Not sure what kind of repercussions this might have yet but I can now watch Game of Thrones in HD! Hope this helps you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back