GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am a Web Designer when I'm not a student and its time to upgrade my monitor. I can't switch between web pages quickly to see the changes and it is messing up my workflow. I have a Dell 1901FP which has a maximum resolution of 1280x1024. The screen size is 19" and it was probably good when it came out, but there are much better monitors out today.

I am considering buying 2 24" monitors or 1 27" monitor. I do not plan to game and if I do I don't really care if I win or lose:lol:. 2 monitors would put me at around $400 with a 3840 pixel width. if I buy a 27" that would put me at around $650 with a 2560 pixel width. Which monitors would you recommend? Im thinking about going with multiple 24's. I also do a lot of Adobe work (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, and eventually Premiere Pro and After Effects) so color correctness is kind of important:D

Thanks in advance

- Hackintoshman

EDIT:
I found this and this monitor and they seem good. IF I got 2 the total would be around $320 and $360 respectively

I am a Web Designer when I'm not a student and its time to upgrade my monitor. I can't switch between web pages quickly to see the changes and it is messing up my workflow. I have a Dell 1901FP which has a maximum resolution of 1280x1024. The screen size is 19" and it was probably good when it came out, but there are much better monitors out today.

I am considering buying 2 24" monitors or 1 27" monitor. I do not plan to game and if I do I don't really care if I win or lose:lol:. 2 monitors would put me at around $400 with a 3840 pixel width. if I buy a 27" that would put me at around $650 with a 2560 pixel width. Which monitors would you recommend? Im thinking about going with multiple 24's. I also do a lot of Adobe work (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, and eventually Premiere Pro and After Effects) so color correctness is kind of important:D

Thanks in advance

- Hackintoshman

EDIT:
I found this and this monitor and they seem good. IF I got 2 the total would be around $320 and $360 respectively

Dell Ultrasharp U2312M or U2412M - at almost $300 each is not exactly cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Thanks in advance

- Hackintoshman

EDIT:

For a dual monitor setup you'll be much better off with two IPS monitors. Those two by Asus
are good used in a single monitor setup (they use a TFT panel) but don't have the wide viewing
angles like IPS monitors. These two would only cost you $400 to get dual IPS.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2312HM-IPS-Monitor/dp/B005LN1JEC/ref=zg_bs_1292115011_9

For a dual monitor setup you'll be much better off with two IPS monitors. Those two by Asus
are good used in a single monitor setup (they use a TFT panel) but don't have the wide viewing
angles like IPS monitors. These two would only cost you $400 to get dual IPS.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2312HM-IPS-Monitor/dp/B005LN1JEC/ref=zg_bs_1292115011_9

What about this one? It is an AH-IPS and it has almost no frame around the screen which would be great for multiples.

Read again, both those asus ones _are_ IPS.

Im not sure about that. At the top of the page it says that they are "Wide Screen TFT LCD w/ LED Backlight", but if you look at the bottom and read the chart, then it says that they are IPS Panels.

I really like this one, it has speakers too:thumbup:

I actually wanted that exact display but when I got to the store to see it I changed my mind instantly.Its not 'frameless' as they claim at all and the image seems to be reflecting on glass or something, when you move around its quite noticeable and I found it was giving me a headache in just the few minutes I looked at it. I ended up going with PLS displays which is actually higher quality and faster then IPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back