CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 & GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to get to the installer for Mojave (10.14.4) on my Dell 7567. I know a lot of people have had some success with this laptop, and I've been able to successfully install High Sierra on this model in the past. In any case, I'm setting up Mojave now from scratch following Nihhaar's guide:

I'm trying to get to the installer and I'm having issues with the IOProviderClass error:
IMG_1122.jpeg

After doing some research I've gathered the following:
This has to do with USB 3.0, the pen drive, and the USB ports. I did start out trying to install Mojave on a USB 3.0 so I switched to a USB 2.0, and still found no success. My laptop only has 3 USB ports and all of them are USB 3.0 ports. I've done some searching but I can't find a way to some how "disable" the 3.0 portion of the port. Since setting up an SSDT patch is going to be difficult without first installing OSX, I'll need to do some kind of port limit patch.

And so I tried using the USB port Limit patch provided by ModMike:

One again, I had no luck. At this point just a little stuck on how to proceed. I'm guessing this is a really easy fix but I can't seem to figure out what's going on. I've attached a zip archive of my CLOVER folder in the USB EFI. Let me know what you guys think, and of course, any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5 MB · Views: 195
I'm trying to get to the installer for Mojave (10.14.4) on my Dell 7567. I know a lot of people have had some success with this laptop, and I've been able to successfully install High Sierra on this model in the past. In any case, I'm setting up Mojave now from scratch following Nihhaar's guide:

I'm trying to get to the installer and I'm having issues with the IOProviderClass error:
View attachment 401821

After doing some research I've gathered the following:
This has to do with USB 3.0, the pen drive, and the USB ports. I did start out trying to install Mojave on a USB 3.0 so I switched to a USB 2.0, and still found no success. My laptop only has 3 USB ports and all of them are USB 3.0 ports. I've done some searching but I can't find a way to some how "disable" the 3.0 portion of the port. Since setting up an SSDT patch is going to be difficult without first installing OSX, I'll need to do some kind of port limit patch.

And so I tried using the USB port Limit patch provided by ModMike:

One again, I had no luck. At this point just a little stuck on how to proceed. I'm guessing this is a really easy fix but I can't seem to figure out what's going on. I've attached a zip archive of my CLOVER folder in the USB EFI. Let me know what you guys think, and of course, any help is much appreciated.
Read the laptop installation guide, you'll find some key mistakes you've made there:

Okay, trying again. I had two of the Aptio memory fixes elected in my clover installation. I'm now using only per OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 Nihhars guide. I'll post again once I've given it another go.

So I tried a couple of things. I noticed I had PTT on which is similar to TPM, so I went ahead and turned that off in my BIOS.

I tried following RehabMan's guide (as I've done a few times before), but nothing stuck out to me so I essentially did the same things that were stated in Nihhar's guide.
I tried switching out the Aptio memory fixes to no luck.
I tried a different USB 2.0, but no luck.
I also noticed Nihhar didn't include Lilu and WhateverGreen.kext so I added those in, but still no luck.
The only other thing I guess would be the NVMe which I'm trying to make sense of right now, but even if the hard drive is an issue, I shouldn't be getting an error about it when I'm booting from the USB.

Is there anything else I could be missing here? Thanks for the help by the way @ben9923

So I tried a couple of things. I noticed I had PTT on which is similar to TPM, so I went ahead and turned that off in my BIOS.

I tried following RehabMan's guide (as I've done a few times before), but nothing stuck out to me so I essentially did the same things that were stated in Nihhar's guide.
I tried switching out the Aptio memory fixes to no luck.
I tried a different USB 2.0, but no luck.
I also noticed Nihhar didn't include Lilu and WhateverGreen.kext so I added those in, but still no luck.
The only other thing I guess would be the NVMe which I'm trying to make sense of right now, but even if the hard drive is an issue, I shouldn't be getting an error about it when I'm booting from the USB.

Is there anything else I could be missing here? Thanks for the help by the way @ben9923
In the attached Clover folder there are many drivers missing (in drivers64Uefi), not just the memory fix driver. AptioMemoryFix is usually the best. Lilu+WhateverGreen are also necessary.
Are you using RehabMan's config.plist?
Strictly follow RehabMan's guide, I'd ignore the other guide for now...
aps.efi should not be used. Use ApfsDriverLoader, available in the Clover package.

Notice you're using the latest official Clover build from sourceforge.

So I tried again, following RehabMan's Guide, reading everything carefully.

Here's how far I get:
IMG_1129.jpeg

At that point, after a few seconds, screen becomes garbled and restricted icon appears.

Attached my clover folder. The last line cites "I2C", does this relate to my laptop's I2C trackpad? Or is the error something else entirely that I'm not being shown by the verbose report?

FYI, I'm using Clover r4701 (RehabMan Build), BGM Theme per Guide, and the HD 630 Config.plist by RehabMan.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 193
So I tried again, following RehabMan's Guide, reading everything carefully.

Here's how far I get:
View attachment 402137

At that point, after a few seconds, screen becomes garbled and restricted icon appears.

Attached my clover folder. The last line cites "I2C", does this relate to my laptop's I2C trackpad? Or is the error something else entirely that I'm not being shown by the verbose report?

FYI, I'm using Clover r4701 (RehabMan Build), BGM Theme per Guide, and the HD 630 Config.plist by RehabMan.
Rehabman's clover needs an update for latest Mojave, try version 4862 via sourceforge

the garbled screen normally indicates a usb issue, make sure to use a USB2.0 stick and try all your ports

I got it working! I've managed to get the installer up and followed through and got my laptop about 97% fully functional, thanks for the help @Feartech. Turns out it was Rehab man's clover build, the latest prebuilt package doesn't support 10.14.4 yet I suppose.

I got it working! I've managed to get the installer up and followed through and got my laptop about 97% fully functional, thanks for the help @Feartech. Turns out it was Rehab man's clover build, the latest prebuilt package doesn't support 10.14.4 yet I suppose.
yes, as mentioned :) glad you got it working though! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back