Contribute
Register

Issues with OC on Dell Precision T3600 with RX580 8GB

Yes, and for the EFI just copy over the EFI folder we created. There's no need for any com.apple.recovery.boot because that is all handled by macOS itself. What you do need to do however is convert the installer DMG to ISO then DD the image to the installer stick.
Middleman pls reply i can't handle the stress of not getting it to boot anymore.

Just in case, take care of :
- never use VGA ports, VGA adapters, VGA cables, VGA whatever.
- in boot-args use -v option ( verbose output )
- when installing any OS, use only two items : USB/DVD installer and destination storage
- after editing config.plist, always oc validate it
- after altering config.plist, always Reset Nvram.

Cheers.
I will send you my verbose output.

Just in case, take care of :
- never use VGA ports, VGA adapters, VGA cables, VGA whatever.
- in boot-args use -v option ( verbose output )
- when installing any OS, use only two items : USB/DVD installer and destination storage
- after editing config.plist, always oc validate it
- after altering config.plist, always Reset Nvram.

Cheers.
When I use -v nothing changes.

@Middleman
I got a new error when trying to boot, but this time I tried a offline installer.

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpeg
    IMG_0581.jpeg
    505 KB · Views: 21
Alright @SeloCan,

I've made some slight adjustments to the EFI, mostly to do with the alcid boot-arg (which was conflicting with the PCI device layout-id property) and disabling the SSDT-USB2. It should boot. Give it a try.
After bootup you may have to run the ResetSystem tool under the toolbar before rebooting the 2nd time.
If it is working you should also see the OpenCanopy GUI in action.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 21
Alright @SeloCan,

I've made some slight adjustments to the EFI, mostly to do with the alcid boot-arg (which was conflicting with the PCI device layout-id property) and disabling the SSDT-USB2. It should boot. Give it a try.
After bootup you may have to run the ResetSystem tool under the toolbar before rebooting the 2nd time.
Thanks i will give it a try, and just so you know i can see the gui.

Alright @SeloCan,

It didnt work i still get that error.

Back