Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I experience this problem almost every time I boot my hackintosh
After I see the Apple logo (which is out of proportion) my Hackintosh loads the login screen and when it does, it does so on a very strange way as shown in the picture. So I simply type in my password and it boots onto my desktop with still the same problem.
Then I pull out my HDMI cable and put it back in and everything is back to normal.

IMG_3522.jpg
IMG_3523.jpg
IMG_3524.jpg

When I plug in a VGA cable on the other hand, nothing happens, no display what so ever.

My build is
GA-B75-D3P with an Intel Core i7 3770 using the integrated 4000 graphics.
I'm running OS X 10.8.4

VGA will not work on Mountain Lion.

If you are using HD4000 graphics, then it sounds as if this is the simple fix for you :

"If you use HD 4000 integrated graphics with any of the latest CustoMac recommended boards and have problems with your graphics at boot, such as wavy garbled lines the quick fix is to hotswap unplug/replug your monitor's cord from the motherboard. If this works, you can solve it permanently."

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/83783-intel-hd-4000-troubleshooting-tips.html

Adrian B :thumbup:

VGA will not work on Mountain Lion.

If you are using HD4000 graphics, then it sounds as if this is the simple fix for you :

"If you use HD 4000 integrated graphics with any of the latest CustoMac recommended boards and have problems with your graphics at boot, such as wavy garbled lines the quick fix is to hotswap unplug/replug your monitor's cord from the motherboard. If this works, you can solve it permanently."

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/83783-intel-hd-4000-troubleshooting-tips.html

Adrian B :thumbup:
For installing using HD4000 , do we have to use the boot flag graphicsenabler=yes???

Once you have the bios set up, use the boot flag graphicsenabler=yes. Run MultiBeast for other settings and you should be fine :thumbup:

Adrian B
and then when i will install GT 640 in CPU ..... then black screen comes??

Change bios settings so the motherboard works and use graphics enabler=no, run MultiBeast, and select GE=no (that makes a permanent fix)

Adrian B
hehehehehhe!!!! it works!!!! thankssssss

I have the GA-B75-D3P board with a i3 3225 processor. Installation went perfect full 1080p. But in my situation I need 720p. When I select it in the settings, I get a garbled screen.

I don't want an additional graphics card, I specifically want to use HD4000.
I've tried the string injections and unplugging and plugging the hdmi cable but I still get the same effect.

Any ideas?

I have the GA-B75-D3P board with a i3 3225 processor. Installation went perfect full 1080p. But in my situation I need 720p. When I select it in the settings, I get a garbled screen.

I don't want an additional graphics card, I specifically want to use HD4000.
I've tried the string injections and unplugging and plugging the hdmi cable but I still get the same effect.

Any ideas?

Hi Colin,

If my memory serves me correctly you are running your build in a G4 case, so I understand not wanting to add a graphics card as Ivy Bridge has the PCIe lane very close to the processor which causes a problem with the rear case. I plan to put my build in a G3 case later in the year once I have upgraded by basic G2020 processor to an i5 with HD4000.

Try this thread

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...y-display-hd4000-secondary-display-how-2.html

Toleda is the one that can give you further advice if this fails to work.

Adrian B

The latest version of Chimera takes care of the HD4000 "stuff" (technical term) so you don't need the injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back