Just got these parts in today from Newegg:

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (F10) mobo
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU
HD4000 graphics
Gskill Ripjaws 8GB (4gbx2) 1600 ram
Corsair M4 64GB SSD
WD 1TB storage hdd
Apex MJ-16 mATX case

I created the UniBeast 1.5.2 install USB just fine with the Mountain Lion download. I put it into the new system and made all the changes in the BIOS for AHCI and what not. The initial screen came up (after about 10 minutes) and I could move the mouse around but couldnt click on anything and the keyboard was not working at all. After another couple minutes the menu bar came up so I could go into disk utility to get the SSD formatted properly. After that, everything seemed to be working fine and fast.

After 10 minutes on the nose, Mountain Lion was installed. I rebooted and now it takes about 3-4 minutes for the Welcome screen to come up to choose location and whatnot and now I have no mouse. Not even a cursor.

Can anyone help? I'm new to this but my previous build went without a hitch so I am not sure what I need to troubleshoot on this. Thanks!

WAIT - As of writing this, my mouse FINALLY showed up on the Welcome screen and I can click on things... What gives?

I finally got ML installed, still not sure what was going on with the sluggish system. It was like running a system from the 90's, that's how slow it was!

BTW, since the original post is really no longer important, is there a way to delete this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back