Contribute
Register

issue with USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas

Status
Not open for further replies.
They never said they wouldn't support it, the problem is, the USB 3.0 standard is, well, flaky at best and there are currently two different revisions in play, plus a bunch of other ****. Have a read here for some more detailed info about USB 3.0 http://vr-zone.com/articles/usb-3.0-spe ... 13358.html
It's truly a mess, but at least on the Windows side, most of the current issues will be solved when Windows 8 launches, as Microsoft has taken a serious interest in sorting this **** out.

Thanks a lot for this very interesting link.
Light into problems I have never been aware of before... and which makes Apple´s earlier position much more understandable.
Also I now understand (and share) your reason´s to believe why Apple might come up with USB support in newer macs.

:thumbup:

Say Heading said:
They tried to convince the world that USB 3.0 is obsolete and Thunderbird is the way to go.
Meanwhile I'll wait for a "Thunderbird USB stick". :lol:

maaaan thats awesome! im glad usb 3.0 works fine on gigabytes GA-Z68XP-UD4 !!
thats the board i will be buying and really wanted the usb 3 support for a nice fast usb 3.0 flsh drive. Thanks all you guys for asking and answering the questions detailedly so other users like me can learn and benefit from it.
I cant wait to list my 09' mac mini and buy my gear!!

We should have a GA-Z68XP-UD4 only thread with a guide and user builds and pix! lol

POw

ovb1 said:
Yes. It looks like it works, does not hang the system but I've had no joy actually using a usb3 flash drive.
Yes, I read your posts here viewtopic.php?f=262&t=28248&start=30, I don't have usb 3 devices, so I can't test it. System stable though, step ahead! :D

Hope someone can help, i have enabled usb 3.0 in multi beast and everything is fine when i plug in a usb 2.0 device its when i unplug it i get a kernel panic

Silly question maybe. But how can you tell if the motherboard has a VLIHub in it? Is there a specific vedor ID that will show? Or a certain error in one of the logs?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back