Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

In the past months I've noticed that my build does not receive new updates for Sonoma. And so far I've been updating the OSX with all updates available with no issue since the initial deployment of Mojave 13.0.

Is it because my "Mac" is no longer supported? But if so, why did I manage to upgrade to 14.0?

Attached are two screenshots showing the configuration and the update screen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Sonoma_Configuration.png
    Sonoma_Configuration.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Sonoma_Update.png
    Sonoma_Update.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 14
Try RestrictEvents.kext, together with the boot-arg revpatch=sbvmm.

No such thing called "OSX Sonoma" and Mojave is version 10.14.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You could also try switching SMBIOS to iMacpro1,1. The MacPro7,1 setting may be part of your problem. Remember to switch back to your original Macpro7,1 SMBIOS setting after downloading the update to avoid problems with your USB mapping, etc.

I also use MacPro7,1 and don’t get any issues updating macOS Sonoma. I’m using boot-arg revpatch=cpuname,pci,sbvmm, updated to 14.3 this week!.

You could also try switching SMBIOS to iMacpro1,1. The MacPro7,1 setting may be part of your problem. Remember to switch back to your original Macpro7,1 SMBIOS setting after downloading the update to avoid problems with your USB mapping, etc.
Thank you for the suggestion, I changed the SMBIOS to MacPro1,1, but maybe that I missed something, because after reboot the system does not boot. See attached screenshot. I have Backup of the config.plst, but I am not sure how to restore it. It is located at the EFI partition.

Attachments

• IMG_4205.jpeg
    IMG_4205.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
That should be iMacPro1,1 (note the 'i'!) or MacPro7,1, not the original MacPro1,1 of the PowerPC era.

Back