Contribute
Register

Is this the perfect Macbook pro substitute? everything working OOB except intel wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will keep the graphics drivers from loading...

Hi Rehabman, having issues getting the OSX to load graphics at 1536MB in UEFI mode. I've tried changing the DVMT to 96mb(=64mb in win8)

64mb.PNG
and 128mb (=128mb in win8)

128mb.PNG
both result in the same graphics not loading(i.e. only loads with 4MB graphics hence laggy video, mouse etc), however in legacy mode it worked previously ok albeit with the random freezes that seem to plague everyone.....

In the current setup, which is in UEFI mode, if i change the bios to legacy it doesn't boot either OS from the HDD clover or USB clover..... Not looking forward to reinstalling in legacy mode as its a long drawn-out process (and has issues with laggy wifi and ethernet) and I can't get the ACER OEM win8 installed in legacy mode hence only the standard off the shelf win8 or win7 can install. Also in legacy mode OSX doesn't boot
:crazy: so to switch OS I would have to get into bios and change to UEFI to boot OSX.......

Could it be my config.plist? uploaded a copy here.... this is from the HD55XX from your repository, changed only the screen resolution to match my laptop, ig-platform-id to 0x16160002, product name to MacBookAir7,1... or is it the DSDT? this compiles without errors from the linux extract and after applying the patches in your DSDT guide. or is it SSDT? though i doubt that.... used the ssdt scripts generator to make one had no freezing or crashing issues.....also attached my BIOS Variables settings file just in case...though I know I've got that bit correct as I can change the DVMT easily without and issues....

Do you mind having a look at my config.plist and seeing if there are errors that need fixing? edited using xcode only.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 251
  • BIOS Variables Dump.txt
    6 KB · Views: 143

Hi Rehabman, having issues getting the OSX to load graphics at 1536MB in UEFI mode. I've tried changing the DVMT to 96mb(=64mb in win8)

View attachment 139366
and 128mb (=128mb in win8)

View attachment 139367
both result in the same graphics not loading(i.e. only loads with 4MB graphics hence laggy video, mouse etc), however in legacy mode it worked previously ok albeit with the random freezes that seem to plague everyone.....

In the current setup, which is in UEFI mode, if i change the bios to legacy it doesn't boot either OS from the HDD clover or USB clover..... Not looking forward to reinstalling in legacy mode as its a long drawn-out process (and has issues with laggy wifi and ethernet) and I can't get the ACER OEM win8 installed in legacy mode hence only the standard off the shelf win8 or win7 can install. Also in legacy mode OSX doesn't boot
:crazy: so to switch OS I would have to get into bios and change to UEFI to boot OSX.......

Could it be my config.plist? uploaded a copy here.... this is from the HD55XX from your repository, changed only the screen resolution to match my laptop, ig-platform-id to 0x16160002, product name to MacBookAir7,1... or is it the DSDT? this compiles without errors from the linux extract and after applying the patches in your DSDT guide. or is it SSDT? though i doubt that.... used the ssdt scripts generator to make one had no freezing or crashing issues.....also attached my BIOS Variables settings file just in case...though I know I've got that bit correct as I can change the DVMT easily without and issues....

Do you mind having a look at my config.plist and seeing if there are errors that need fixing? edited using xcode only.

Your config.plist is wrong. The ig-platform-id you're using (0x0d260000) is not valid for Broadwell. FakeID should not be used with Broadwell either.

See example here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Thanks Rehabman, I'll look into this tomorrow evening and fix it.

Meanwhile I posted a guide on how to change the DVMT for InsydeH20 Bios on Acer (and possibly other brands...), please have a look and point out any errors, typos or stuff thats not clear so others with similar or InsydeH20 Bios and Broadwell can make changes to DVMT or adapt to change other locked BIOS settings and get things working with sufficient DVMT memory. This is my first guide so hopefully its clear enough. Tried to only cross reference one other guide so its not all over the place with lots of cross references.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-dvmt-insydeh20-bios-laptops.html#post1045936

Had a look at this and the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist shows the below in the smbios, does this mean I need to delete the ones that don't apply? these to me seem to be three different computers. or which one would clover inject?

Code:
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBookAir7,1</string>
<key>ProductName-MacBook</key>
<string>MacBook8,1</string>
<key>ProductName-MacBookPro</key>
<string>MacBookPro12,1</string>

Had a look at this and the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist shows the below in the smbios, does this mean I need to delete the ones that don't apply? these to me seem to be three different computers. or which one would clover inject?

Code:
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBookAir7,1</string>
<key>ProductName-MacBook</key>
<string>MacBook8,1</string>
<key>ProductName-MacBookPro</key>
<string>MacBookPro12,1</string>

Clover will only read ProductName. The other keys are alternates that you could try by renaming. I don't know if Clover has been updated to support the new names (don't have any Broadwell hardware myself).

If Clover is not updated, you'll need to enter the SMBIOS data manually because I'm not sure if Clover Configurator has been updated either.

There is a link on Broadwell SMBIOS data in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

and 128mb (=128mb in win8) both result in the same graphics not loading(i.e. only loads with 4MB graphics hence laggy video, mouse etc)

Fixed..... the problem was not config.plist, there was an issue in the DSDT, replaced it and its now loading ok ;)

ALC283 is same as my u430. You can use the AppleHDA injector that is there: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

Requirements:
- layout-id 86, "IRQ Fix" DSDT patches (patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html)
- patches for AppleHDA in config.plist (copy from mine to yours)
- AppleHDA.kext vanilla
- AppleHDA_ALC283 installed to /S/L/E
- my fork of CodecCommander (installed to /S/L/E): https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander
- rebuild cache procedure documented in my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ideapad-u330-u430-u530-using-clover-uefi.html

This works great thanks! Just curious, does it survive OSX updates? e.g. when updating combo updates would i need to reapply this?

Avoid GenericUSBXHCI.kext. See my u430 for USB patches (patches/usb.txt).

Removed the generic usb kext, fixed permissions and restarted, seems the USB works ok without additional kexts, so thats a bonus. Also removed VoodooPS2 and rebooted to see if key board and trackpad would work, trackpad works but key board doesnt so had to reinstall VoodooPS2 for keyboard.

This works great thanks! Just curious, does it survive OSX updates? e.g. when updating combo updates would i need to reapply this?

It is an injector kext with Clover hotpatches, so it survives as long as the technique continues to work.

So usually, no need to re-apply. Sometimes it can fall out of cache, and then you have repeat the "rebuild procedure" as described in my u430 guide.

Removed the generic usb kext, fixed permissions and restarted, seems the USB works ok without additional kexts, so thats a bonus. Also removed VoodooPS2 and rebooted to see if key board and trackpad would work, trackpad works but key board doesnt so had to reinstall VoodooPS2 for keyboard.

Trackpad is USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back