Contribute
Register

Is this hanging before or after the memory allocation (Intel NUC10i7FNH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm working on getting MacOS installed on a brand new NUC10i7fnh (intel i7-10710u cpu). While I think this will be a long shot for now as the only thing that even touches this family of CPU is the brand new MacBook Air, I really wanted to give it a try.

I have a brand new Unibeast stick and am trying a couple of different things out. However I keep failing at the same exact spot

Right now I figure the first thing to try is all the various memory allocation efi drivers. But like I said they all appear to be producing the same result (hang at the same place). So either they are all working and I'm hanging for some other reason, or I'm hanging even before I get to the memory allocation.

Any thoughts on where I'm getting hung up would be greatly appreciated...

IMG_0679.jpeg

I'm working on getting MacOS installed on a brand new NUC10i7fnh (intel i7-10710u cpu). While I think this will be a long shot for now as the only thing that even touches this family of CPU is the brand new MacBook Air, I really wanted to give it a try.

I have a brand new Unibeast stick and am trying a couple of different things out. However I keep failing at the same exact spot

Right now I figure the first thing to try is all the various memory allocation efi drivers. But like I said they all appear to be producing the same result (hang at the same place). So either they are all working and I'm hanging for some other reason, or I'm hanging even before I get to the memory allocation.

Any thoughts on where I'm getting hung up would be greatly appreciated...

View attachment 460421

Hi there.

I think you are right, the 10-series CPU is the challenge. As you point out new Macs will have a new system-definition that we would need to impliment on PC hardware.

A few folk seem to be getting the 10-series laptops working but from what I'm reading it's hit-n-miss right now.

Usually though, you are right, memory fix is the answer to that error. I am not yet aware the 10-series memory maps have been 'fixed'.

Do a search in Laptop support, find threads like this one:

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back