Contribute
Register

Is the GA-Z87X-SLI Compatible with Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 SLI Krait
CPU
Intel i5 4670
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 & 770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I've been thinking of building a hackintosh recently and I'm having issues with selecting a motherboard. Out of all the compatible mother boards listed on this website, none are available here in Norway. The closest thing to one of the ones listed on this website I could find was the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-SLI motherboard. I compared it with the GA-Z87X-HD3 which was listed on this website. The two motherboards seem identical spec-wise but I am still unsure. I've searched the entire internet without finding an answer. Remember that I am 14 and have a very tight budget. Experimentation is out of the question. I really don't want to get this wrong...

My question to you guys is, are these two motherboards the same? If not, then what are the differences? Is the SLI compatible with Mavericks?

Thanks in advance! :)

Here are the websites that I used to compare the two motherboards with:

GA-Z87X-SLI
http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4778#ov

GA-Z87X-HD3
http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4764#ov

Hey, everyone!

I did some further research, and what I found is that the GA-Z87X-SLI is in fact the same as the HD3.
I have now bought it, and it works fine! I have installed OSX now and I am very pleased with myself. :)

Is the SLI compatible with Mavericks?

The motherboard should be fine, but if you drop two GPUs in there Mavericks won't use them in SLI. It'll see, and use, them as two separate GPUs. But booting over to something like Windows it'll be fine so if your need is for SLI when gaming in Windows you'll be fine.

I'm considering a GA-Z87X-SLI for my next build - can anyone confirm if the on-board DVI-out works in Yosemite?

Basically I have a GT9600 graphics card (dual DVI) and need to add a third screen, so am considering getting the GA-Z87X-SLI as it has on-board DVI (on-board + 2xDVI on the GT9600 = three DVI outputs!)

Thanks,

Steve

Brilliant, thanks for the info.

Steve

It works on mine. :)
Great Motherboard in my opinion.

My only issue is I can't get dual monitors working.
I can have a monitor plugged into the inbuilt VGA port, and into the hdmi on my gtx 770 GPU,
but not at the same time. Can anyone help me with this. It works fine on windows but not Yosemtie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back