Contribute
Register

Is MSI Z370 Gaming M5 Good Choice for Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics
GeFofce GT630
Hi everyone, I've got the MSI Z370 Gaming M5 but I haven't see any successful hackintosh with this motherboard yet. I'm currently using an AMD FX system but soon I'm gonna build an Intel i3 8100. Everything is ready but the RAM because I'm having a problem with the shipping right now so when I get the RAM I'm gonna give it a try. I'm just asking if someone try this mobo or maybe doesn't think it's compatible in first place because some specification stuff or something :/

- I love this forum btw it helped me a lot thx.

Have you some success? I have got that same motherboard and I'm looking solution for hackintosh...
I found some ready config which success run installation of High Sierra but it don't recognizing my SSD :/
I'm thinking about install Sierra which is more compatible...

My specification:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
MOBO: MSI Z370 GAMING M5
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 16GB 3400MHz CL16 (f4-3400c16d-16gtz)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming 4G (GV-N105TG1 GAMING-4GD)
SSD: Kingston SSD V300 120GB (for hackintosh)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm 64MB (WD10EZEX) + Intel Optane Memory 16GB (for Windows 10 Pro)
CPU COOLER: Corsair Hydro Series H115i (2 x Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000)
CASE: Corsair Carbide Clear 400C
PSU: Seasonic 650W FOCUS PLUS Gold
MONITOR: BenQ GL2250HM Monitor LED
KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quickfire TK MX Brown
MOUSE: Razer Deathader Chroma
MOUSEPAD: SteelSeries QcK

I found some ready config which success run installation of High Sierra but it don't recognizing my SSD
There is a bug in High Sierra where it can't see uninitialised drives.

Go into the Disk Utility, press View > Show All Devices, then quit the program and relaunch it - following this process, you should see the disk.
If for some reason this doesn’t work then you may have to work out the 'diskutil' Terminal command.

To format the disk in Terminal:
diskutil partitionDisk Disk-Device GPT JHFS+ VOLUME-NAME R

Replace Disk-Device with the device name of the unformatted disk, i.e. /dev/disk0 (if you only have 1 disk it will be this)
Replace VOLUME-NAME with the volume name you want.

Today I had tried your solution...
The problem was in settings SATA mode in UEFI because motherboard using HDD + Intel Optane Memory 16GB for Windows drive which need RAID mode instead AHCI settings. Therfore High Sierra instalator don't seen early my SSD on SATA. I found some kext for Intel RAID... He worked and I saw this drive in installation but after first restart during installation something was wrong, some problems with file location after restart and choice SSD drive...

I must invest in NVMe m.2 disk drive which don't need RAID mode settings and then I use install in AHCI mode to have on NVMe Windows and on SATA SSD Hackintosh plus HDD for data without Intel Optane Memory.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I've got the MSI Z370 Gaming M5 but I haven't see any successful hackintosh with this motherboard yet. I'm currently using an AMD FX system but soon I'm gonna build an Intel i3 8100. Everything is ready but the RAM because I'm having a problem with the shipping right now so when I get the RAM I'm gonna give it a try. I'm just asking if someone try this mobo or maybe doesn't think it's compatible in first place because some specification stuff or something :/

- I love this forum btw it helped me a lot thx.

For the last 2 weeks I've got a MSI Z370 Gaming M5 running High Sierra (10.3.3) with a i7-8700 and a 1080TI.
I've got a M2 drive, 2 850 evos and 6x 8GB Sata-3 (using a PCI-E card for 4 drives), firewire card and a uad card
running. Dual boot with Windows 10.

Good choice? Not sure...

I've got some boot problems....sometimes it works, sometimes I get to see the stop sign after the apple logo. No luck with option -v. I don't get a proper error message.
Once it booted - no problems. The EFI partitions might get mixed up. I noticed when mounting my efi partitions that I've got an EFI folder on several of them and the "number" of the partitions change with every boot (from disk0s1 to disk1s1 etc.).

Next I'm going to do a bios update...

For the last 2 weeks I've got a MSI Z370 Gaming M5 running High Sierra (10.3.3) with a i7-8700 and a 1080TI.
I've got a M2 drive, 2 850 evos and 6x 8GB Sata-3 (using a PCI-E card for 4 drives), firewire card and a uad card
running. Dual boot with Windows 10.

Could You upload here your EFI folder?

Could You upload here your EFI folder?

Some more info:

-Windows 10 installed on the m2 drive
-OSX 10.3.3 installed on the evo 850 1TB ssd

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 293
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back