asus nvidia gt 610
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hi...
i am a mac user but new to installing mac osx on intel PC.

i have a PC with

1. intel core i3 3220 ivy bridge
2. Gigabyte - GA-P75-D3 motherboard
3. 4 G.B RAM
4. asus nvidia 2gb graphics card.
5. 500 gb seagate HD

is it possible to install mac osx snow leopard on this config. i have a original snow leopard 10.6.4 installation DVD.
have iboot+multibeast DVD but installation stops at installation screen showing "snow leopard can't be installed on s PC.
please help me & tell me the correct installation process in detail.

Thanks.

hi...

i have a PC with

3. 4 G.B RAM
5. 500 gb seagate HD

is it possible to install mac osx snow leopard on this config. i have a original snow leopard 10.6.4 installation DVD.
have iboot+multibeast DVD but installation stops at installation screen showing "snow leopard can't be installed on s PC.

Thanks.

You mean 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 installation DVD, yes? If it is a grey disc that came with a Mac that you bought off of ebay, then it will not work to install OS X on a hackintosh. The case/disc must look like this
Snow Leopard Retail.png

hi...

i have a PC with

3. 4 G.B RAM
5. 500 gb seagate HD

Thanks.

naresh

I think what GB is talking about is that you can install Snow Leopard ( white disk) if you use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge ( not the normal iBoot) then install the update 10.6.8 /or 7 - going direst - no multineast - booting from the CD each time - to get to the App store and download the Mountain Lion software - and make a USB thumbdrive ( visit www.unibeast.com) install ML and have a working hack.
your CPu and your B75 Northbridge chipset are for Ivy Bridge not Sandy Bridge. Sl has not support for IB CPU and chipsets.

If you dont have the white DVD for SL - Apple has make it available for sale again comes in 10.6.3 whoopie.

Thanks totenkopf4, Going Bald for your suggestions,

i have iboot for ivy bridge cpu, do i need any other program? could you please tell me in detail about the motherboard settings i need to change before installation & other usefull information about this installation process.
:)

i have iboot for ivy bridge cpu, do i need any other program? could you please tell me in detail about the motherboard settings i need to change before installation & other usefull information about this installation process.

Installing Snow Leopard with iBoot-Ivy-Bridge on an Ivy Bridge system is only a single step to installing Mountain Lion. Snow Leopard will never boot from HDD or run properly on an Ivy system because there is no support in the SL kernel for IB chipsets or CPUs.

naresh

As Going Bald stated in his post - due to the hardware you have - we will not get the Apple OSX 10.6 to work to a satisfactory mode w this hardware. The why is due to the Apple Mach_Kernel file which is the heart of the Operating System. Since Apple didn't update this for the newer cpu AND chipsets H77 /Z77 /B75 etc, then it (Kernel) wont work well.

Now their is an alternative kernel but do to TMx86 FAQ http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php
this is not allowed as a hacked kernel is frowned upon.

So to answer the question - the tools we use only will allow you to get Snow Leopard up and running to install OSX Mountain Lion, if your looking to use OSX Snow Leopard for specific Applications that only run on SL then you should use older hardware. Which would be a Sandy Bridge CPU and a Motherboard that is a supported Gigabyte version w a DSDT file.

Now the other question is do you have a OSX 10.60 or 10.6.3 Show Leopard DVD that is white in color as this is a required item.
Out side of booting from iBoot we cant go any farther that that w/o that DVD - this is know as the Retail DVD.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/303-mac-os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-dvd-available-again-online-19-99.html

hii,

with your help i have installed snow leopard atleast 90% & i am going for installing mountain lion now.
my system now have SL 10.6.3 & how i can update? because i dont think my system will be able to connect to internet
without completing the installation (multibeast, drivers etc).
i downloaded 10.6.7 & 10.6.8 combo updates on a different pc, & it says that this update can't be installed on 10.6.3.
do i need to download all updates from 10.6.3 t0 10.6.8???? or there is some method for updating.

or
i can install mountain lion directly from here?

please instruct me.
thanks for your help.

hii,

with your help i have installed snow leopard atleast 90% & i am going for installing mountain lion now.
my system now have SL 10.6.3 & how i can update? because i dont think my system will be able to connect to internet
without completing the installation (multibeast, drivers etc).
i downloaded 10.6.7 & 10.6.8 combo updates on a different pc, & it says that this update can't be installed on 10.6.3.
do i need to download all updates from 10.6.3 t0 10.6.8???? or there is some method for updating.

or
i can install mountain lion directly from here?

please instruct me.
thanks for your help.

Your board has realtek LAN and should be able to connect to the internet with no problems. If for some reason you can not connect, try on some other computer, go to Apple support and download the 10.6.8 update combo - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399 , save it to a USB drive and then run it on your SL Ivy Bridge to update it to 10.6.8

Your board has realtek LAN and should be able to connect to the internet with no problems. If for some reason you can not connect, try on some other computer, go to Apple support and download the 10.6.8 update combo - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399 , save it to a USB drive and then run it on your SL Ivy Bridge to update it to 10.6.8

naresh

Following G.B advice and you get the update installed

make sure you use these boot flags at startup after the update. "-v -f PCIRootUID=0"

Also its reported that when the update fails or cant be installed - its related to the expiration date for the update file check properties of the download file for a date - most of the time you need to set your clock / calender on the desktop back to march of 2011 run the install and change the clock to current Date.

Hi

totenkopf4 & going Bald, how r u?

2 days ago i installed mountain lion with the help of unibeast. the installation process was fine but after installation, at the
mountain lion white booting screen a grey screen appears with a message to shut down your computer (screen with a power button graphics at background)
i tried
PCIRootUID=0
single user mode etc
but it was not working
(is it realted to video card? i have a enrty level asus nvidia GT610 graphics card.

could you tell me what is the problem & what to do to solve it?

i think it is realted to Multibeast installation in SL because it was showing similar message after installing Multibeast on snow leopard, which options should be checked at multibeast install on SL (like easy beast, divers,utilities, osx86 softwares etc.)

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back