Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I've upgraded from Yosemite, where everything worked beautifully, to El Capitan, where most things work. One thing that only partially works is my IOGear GBU521 Bluetooth adapter.

After initially not working at all, I've managed to get it to stream audio properly, but my Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse don't connect cleanly. The OS reports them as connected in the Bluetooth Preferences pane, but won't show the battery levels, and neither peripheral is recognised in their respective preference panes. The devices themselves continue to flash their connect lights, which means they're not properly connected.

After using DCPIManager to look at kexts, it seems the following are creating errors:

com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver
com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController
com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetooth
com.apple.driver.CSRUSBBluetooth
com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

A couple of these aren't in my System/Library/Extensions folder, which makes sense in light of the non-functioning mouse and trackpad. Can anyone confirm whether these are supposed to be there under El Capitan? If so, where can I get replacements?

Of course, if this isn't the actual problem, any help in achieving full Bluetooth operation is most appreciated.

Thank you.

I am also struggling to get IOGear 521 USB bluetooth to work with El Capitan. It worked flawlessly in Yosemite and below. Anyone find a solution?

Seems you guys have the same problem i have with my generic usb bt dongle that also stopped working in El Capitan

i tested Yosemite vanila IOBluetoothFamily kext, and with that i was able to connect to my magic mouse, however the mouse doesn´t do anything.

edit: solved the problem with this

If I could kiss you, antonioj07, I would. That bundle of kexts fixed the problem beautifully.

Sincere thanks.

Eheh...it was driving me mad too :)

This worked great. Thank you antonioJ07

Seems you guys have the same problem i have with my generic usb bt dongle that also stopped working in El Capitan

i tested Yosemite vanila IOBluetoothFamily kext, and with that i was able to connect to my magic mouse, however the mouse doesn´t do anything.

Thanks man, worked great.

I continue with the same problem before, and after. Hackintosh will not pair, and iPhone does not discover it. Any other possible fixes???

Capture d’écran 2015-11-19 à 20.47.26.png

Thank you very much - this did the trick for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back