Intel i3-8100
Graphics
Galax GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I have airdrop enabled on my hackintosh running High Sierra 10.13.3. Bluetooth and Wifi using the above hardware both work perfectly. Airdrop icon is available in finder however, it does not allow me to discover or be discovered by anyone. (See attached screenshot).

Both GBU521 & T6E worked out of box without any kexts or patches. I've since experimented trying to get airdrop working but to no avail.

Thanks in advance if you're able to help.

Attachments

• 9kW55.png
    9kW55.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 343
Were you able to solve this? To be fair, AirDrop is rather finicky and gives me this issue quite often on my MBA

I've been wondering if AirDrop requires that both WiFi and Bluetooth be apart of the same chip/card, or if AirDrop can still be an option if WiFi and Bluetooth are separate chips/cards, but on the same system.

I've been wondering if AirDrop requires that both WiFi and Bluetooth be apart of the same chip/card, or if AirDrop can still be an option if WiFi and Bluetooth are separate chips/cards, but on the same system.
i've tried both options and still doesn't work

Hi there,

I have airdrop enabled on my hackintosh running High Sierra 10.13.3. Bluetooth and Wifi using the above hardware both work perfectly. Airdrop icon is available in finder however, it does not allow me to discover or be discovered by anyone. (See attached screenshot).

Both GBU521 & T6E worked out of box without any kexts or patches. I've since experimented trying to get airdrop working but to no avail.

Thanks in advance if you're able to help.
As
i've tried both options and still doesn't work
As soon as WiFi is seen as airport, you will have Airdrop working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back