Contribute
Register

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState after update to 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have same issue try to use new 10.13 HS Webdrivers.
loops at that
gIOScreenLockState.
i have the same problem, installed 10.13 with success then installed nvidia drivers (had to boot with "safe kext signature") so nvidia installer could run correctly.

today i installed the 10.13 minor udpate and now im stuck. i have lilo and nvidia fix kext.

any ideas anyone??

I ran into this issue too and what finally solved it for me was to disable the igpu in bios. Booted in with lilu and nvidiagraphicsfixup along with nvda_drv=1 and with nvidiaweb checked in clover (you can do this in clover configurator, open config.plist and go to system parameters, the option is there).

Upgrade to High Sierra worked fine, but not with graphics cards installed. I had to uninstall it, then the upgrade from 10.12.6 went fine. After installing 10.13. I updated the Nvidia drivers and plugged the card back in. Everything worked as before.

Massive problems after supplemental update, though. System was running fine under 10.3.0 v.1. Followed MMiles' steps:
1. Uninstall the Nvidia Web Driver through the control panel.
2. Mount the EFI-Partition and replace the apfs.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ with the new one: apfs.efi.zip
3. Start downloading the update and restart.
4. When you see the Clover menu, choose Mac OS Install not Mac OS. If you do that, you will end up on the same version as before.
5. When your Computer restarts and you are able to lock back in, go and start downloading and install the new Nvidia Web Driver.
6. Restart and it should work.
New Nvidia Web. Driver: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg
Hope you succeed :D

Removed Nvidia GTX 970 entirely and got it to install. Once updated I downloaded and installed the new Nvidia driver, reinstalled graphics card, and now the same problem as before persists. In -v mode the following error loops infinitely: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState error in IOBufferEngineTest.

Took out g-card again, and I can boot the machine, but am getting no further with this.

Anyone have a clue what I can try? This seems to be a common issue with GTX 960/970/980 cards.

(Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and IntelGraphicsFixup in CLOVER/kexts/Other; tried with IGP on/off in BIOS - neither has an effect)

I am having the same issue. but can't resolved using safe mode as its not working there too nor by disabling nv_disable=1.
Here is the screenshot of my verbose mode.

-Thanks in advance
IMG_4256.JPG

@Aakil90, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I need help as well. I want gtx 980 drivers to work for mojave. i have three gtx 980 all belonging to different manufacturers but please i would like to run mojave without problems my pc specifications are here

INTEL CORE I7 4790 RETAIL

ASUS 1150 MAXIMUS VII RANGER

CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC-01 SERIES RED LED MID TOWER GAMING CASE

FSP PSU 750 WATT RAIDER BRONZE A/PFC

2 X KINGSTON VALUERAM 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ NON ECC 240 PIN D

1 SEAGATE 1TB SATA3 7200RPM HARD DRIVE

1 SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500 GB SSD

1 WD 2 TB HARD DRIVE HDD

1 SAMSUNG DVD RW 24X SH-224DB/BEBE BLK OEM

EXTERNAL SAMSUNG BLU RAY RW

PALIT 4 GB GEF GTX 980 JETSTREAM GDDR5

GIGABYTE SUPER OVERCLOCK GTX 980 WINDFORCE 600W OUT

GAINWARD GTX 980 4096M GDDR5

NETIS WF-2113 300 MBPS WIRELESS N PCI-E ADAPTER

pc monitor connected to display port here is the config p list that does not boot mac os mojave
please tell me what is wrong with this p list

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 158
please tell me what is wrong with this p list
It's ridiculous :

Graphics.png

But there is no prospect of your graphics working in Mojave without drivers which Nvidia have yet to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back