Contribute
Register

Invalid Sibling Link.. PLEASE HELP ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multibeast doesn't install kexts anywhere but /S/L/E
Post full commands you are using and output
WRONG!!!!

MultiBeast only installs kexts in /Library/Extensions.

This is noted in the MultiBeast PDF and in the application for the description for each kext.

Please do not give misleading information.

WRONG!!!!

This is noted in the MultiBeast PDF and in the application for the description for each kext.

can you help me with my problem ???

but when I format it and re-install it works fine again.. what do I do to make it all go away ???
Just a thought, but after a fresh install, there are no or few discontinuous areas on the disk, so the heads don't necessarily fly all over the place to read a file. The more typical disk after a few R/O operations has files scattered over multiple sectors would be expected to exacerbate access problems.

WRONG!!!!

Sorry about that. Corrected the error.

Last edited:
Just a thought, but after a fresh install, there are no or few discontinuous areas on the disk, so the heads don't necessarily fly all over the place to read a file. The more typical disk after a few R/O operations has files scattered over multiple sectors would be expected to exacerbate access problems.
HFS+ writes to the next available area as the heads move so unless the disk is full the heads don't fly about that much anyway.

yoo.. I got a new hard drive and it got corrupted too.. and it gets corrupted right after post installation ...

HFS+ writes to the next available area as the heads move so unless the disk is full the heads don't fly about that much anyway.
yup.. so my hard disk makes a a clicking noise but its very low volume click but this only happens in my desktop.. when I connect it to my other Mac book.. it does not make any noise... could this be issue with my power supply or mother board???

yup.. so my hard disk makes a a clicking noise but its very low volume click but this only happens in my desktop.. when I connect it to my other Mac book.. it does not make any noise... could this be issue with my power supply or mother board???
Hard drives don't draw too much power so I would be more inclined to suspect the SATA controller on the motherboard.
You might try a BIOS upgrade or if you are already on the current version you could reapply it.

Your motherboard has both Intel and Marvel SATA controllers, make sure that the drive is connected to an Intel port.

Last edited:
Agree with P1lgrim. A power supply problem would likely manifest in other ways such as random shutdowns. You've essentially done the experiment already since the drive works without clicking when attached to another computer. The general advice, at least in the past, has been to turn off the Marvell controller, because os x didn't work well with it (you're MB has the 88SE9172 controller). However, if the hd is connected to an Intel connector, it should have zero impact.

If the drive was damaged the clicking should be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back