ASRock Z170 OC Formula
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello,

I'm having an issue where about once or twice a day my Hackintosh will randomly start automatically losing focus on the application window. Essentially I could be typing something in a browser, editor and something happens where I lose my cursor position and the OS goes into an infinite loop of deselecting the focus on whatever application is up.

For instance if I'm typing something in an input in a browser such as Chrome, I can no longer type and I have to actively select the input again. After 1 to 2 seconds it will lose focus again, and essentially the session becomes useless because I can't do anything without a reboot.

Sometimes I can go an entire day without the issue showing up, and sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times a days. I've looked into the console log for clues but I can't find anything.

Overall everything pretty much works in my Hackintosh - here are the specs:

Intel l6700k Processor
Asrock z170 OC Formula Mother Board
16 G DDR4 3000 Memory
Sapphire RX 480 8G nitro
3 samsung 512 M.2 in a raid 0 - using SoftRAID

I'm currently on 10.12.1

I can't find any trail of a similar issue in the forums.

I have noticed some issues with my Razer mouse and issues with coil whine, that I suspect may be related. It could be something with USB drivers because changing the polling rate on the mouse software seems to have a big effect on coil whine and hardware acceleration.

I'm just hoping for a clue that will set me on the right path to resolving this.

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 253
@whiplashtony, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Update.

I've found that force quitting the windowserver process will crash the desktop and force a user login. This prevents a complete reboot I was doing previously, and it resolves the issue. In reading about the windowserver process it also leads me to believe it's related to graphics, instead of my USB hypothesis. This could be related to the fact I'm using an RX 480 for the video card and as we know it's not fully supported with correct drivers from Apple.

I supposed I could debug it further and just use the integrated graphics (Intel 520) for a while and see if the issue continues. It's no longer that bothersome to continue the investigation, but I'll leave this clue on the forum for someone else who runs into a similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back