Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 630 black screen with Sonoma

Motherboard
MSI > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
I7-10510U
Graphics
intel UHD Graphics
Hello friends I updated to Sonoma my laptop: MSI Modern 15 A10M. On Ventura everything works well (graphics, BT, Wifi ...).

After loading logo I get black screen on my internal display: Intel UHD 630 (Comet Lake-U GT2). Sonoma show it on System Settings->Display. After 3-4 minutes automatically display video.

If I connect an external hdmi monitor, it works well and show video.

I have OC 0.9.7

Attach config.plist and Mac specs.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Captura de pantalla 2024-01-06 a las 8.42.14.png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-01-06 a las 8.42.14.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Your config.plist contains EDID override entry, which display is this for, your built-in laptop display or the external HDMI display?

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 18.16.28.png

Your IGPU DeviceProperties contains entries for con1. Is there a sensible reason why you don't have entries for con0 and con2 display connectors?

con1 is set to work with a HDMI connector out, is this how your laptop display is configured, or is that the connector for the external HDMI port?

You might be better served going back to basics with your IGPU device properties and only apply the minimum expected for a display driven by the Comet Lake IGPU.

Something like this:
Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 18.24.33.png

And then start looking at getting the External HDMI port configured.

Hello @Edhawk thanks for your reply.

I test with only this keys and boot but no hdmi and no aceleration.

I test with this boot args:
image.thumb.png.296afa8f73faede5e2f7944da6c52f9d.png

And works, I reboot 3 times, 1 shutdown and every times works well, I test hdmi output and works too.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
For Sonoma you also need the alternate backlight fix

@wern thanks for your replay,

what modification i need on config for backlight fix, thanks.

Add "-igfxblt" as a boot-arg, or "enable-backlight-registers-alternative-fix" to DeviceProperties

Attachments

• config.plist
    507 bytes · Views: 30
Hello could someone help me I got a msi gf63 10scxr 10750h i7 uhd 630 installed Sonoma but no audio, no hdmi and black screen delay
Please help @rubenmr could you share your config plist with boot args and device properties

Hello could someone help me I got a msi gf63 10scxr 10750h i7 uhd 630 installed Sonoma but no audio, no hdmi and black screen delay
Please help @rubenmr could you share your config plist with boot args and device properties

ZIP and attach your EFI to your next post. Remember to blank your serial-number first.

:)

Back