Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 620 Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced config.plist with config620.plist from your repo. Cleared all kernel and kextcache and reboot. Still the same result.

Attach verbose boot photo of where it stops (be willing to wait a while).

Note: You should be using BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, not BrcmFirmwareData.kext. BrcmFirmwareData.kext is for EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext is much more efficient than BrcmFirmwareData.kext).

Make sure you didn't delete any kexts.

Try all valid ig-platform-id values.

You could also try Skylake spoofing.

If you're getting a black screen (it is not clear from your problem descriptions), perhaps you should try implementing backlight control. Try also with external monitor (external monitor may work in scenarios where the internal does not).

Consider setting DVMT-prealloc as required (64mb or 128mb) in order to avoid any DVMT related patches.

Why do you have two ApfsDriverLoader efi files?

It also seems like you are forgetting to press F2... misc/preboot.log is very old... from July 9. Why? Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Last edited:
Attach verbose boot photo of where it stops (be willing to wait a while).

Note: You should be using BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, not BrcmFirmwareData.kext. BrcmFirmwareData.kext is for EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext is much more efficient than BrcmFirmwareData.kext).

Make sure you didn't delete any kexts.

Try all valid ig-platform-id values.

You could also try Skylake spoofing.

If you're getting a black screen (it is not clear from your problem descriptions), perhaps you should try implementing backlight control. Try also with external monitor (external monitor may work in scenarios where the internal does not).

Consider setting DVMT-prealloc as required (64mb or 128mb) in order to avoid any DVMT related patches.

Why do you have two ApfsDriverLoader efi files?

It also seems like you are forgetting to press F2... misc/preboot.log is very old... from July 9. Why? Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Replaced BcrmFirmwareData with BcrmFirmwareRepo in L/E. Also installed newly created SSDT-PNLF.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched, Added kext to patch and also installed AppleBacklightInjector.kext in L/E. Tried PlatformIDs 591b0000, 59160000, 591E0000, 59120000. 5912000 gives QE/CI with my HDMI port on my laptop via connected to an external monitor. No output on my internal monitor though. Also removed duplicated Apfsdriverloader.efi in DriversUEFI64

Attachments

• debug_22455.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20180714_101256.jpg
    IMG_20180714_101256.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
Ive just updated my BIOS using the "setup_var" method, using a tool in clover shell. I updated my DVMT pre alllocated to 64mb, DVMT total GFX to MAX, and Set CFG to "disabled". So would i need to use a 64mb dvmt kext to patch method for platformID 59160000? Or would i not need any DVMT patches now?

Ive just updated my BIOS using the "setup_var" method, using a tool in clover shell. I updated my DVMT pre alllocated to 64mb, DVMT total GFX to MAX, and Set CFG to "disabled". So would i need to use a 64mb dvmt kext to patch method for platformID 59160000? Or would i not need any DVMT patches now?

Not sure DVMT-size at MAX is a good idea. You should experiment.
If you have 64mb DVMT-prealloc, no need for DVMT related patches.

I have not fixed my Graphical issues with this laptop. Im honestly at a halt. Ive tried about everything "I" can think of and have read various guides and tutorials and for some reason I still cannot get QE/CI to work on this laptop. Booting with PlatformID 0x12345678 allows me into the OS. And I have wifi, etc. But without acceleration its pretty rough lol. Im attaching my current debug and my verbose lock point. If anyone could help. It would be much appreciated.
Yes. Exactly the same error I have. With the update of the 8th gen CPU Macbook pro, I am wondering whether it would be solved someday in the near future.

Replaced BcrmFirmwareData with BcrmFirmwareRepo in L/E. Also installed newly created SSDT-PNLF.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched, Added kext to patch and also installed AppleBacklightInjector.kext in L/E. Tried PlatformIDs 591b0000, 59160000, 591E0000, 59120000. 5912000 gives QE/CI with my HDMI port on my laptop via connected to an external monitor. No output on my internal monitor though. Also removed duplicated Apfsdriverloader.efi in DriversUEFI64

Try this, do you have serial number UUID and MLB?

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.5 KB · Views: 177
Try this, do you have serial number UUID and MLB?
I do not, Currently all those settings have been left blank. Just today Ive done a full wipe of the hard drive. Reformat and install of MacOSX High Sierra 10.13.6. CloverUEFI. No windows partitions. Just OSX. Installer process goes flawless. But still i cannot get QE/CI to run. I used the "Setup_var" tool to change my DVMT values in my BIOS. All went normal. And confirmed the settings took in cloverUEFI Shell. 64mb was the max i could change DVMT pre-allocated to. Are you saying to add a serial number UUID and MLB to my SmBios? Attached is my current verbose lock point and debugging files.

Attachments

• IMG_20180715_145556.jpg
    IMG_20180715_145556.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 65
  • debug_4108.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
try this one.
Seem to still be locking at the same point. I added a UUID, serial and MLB also. Still seems to have the same result. Booting with 0x12345678 still works lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20180715_152727.jpg
    IMG_20180715_152727.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
Seem to still be locking at the same point. I added a UUID, serial and MLB also. Still seems to have the same result. Booting with 0x12345678 still works lol.

IOgScreenlockstate is where graphics handoff. Usually, to a pcie graphics card it will take over or to a monitor.

I noticed a bunch of added Nvidia and ATI stuff in Add Properties. Do you need those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back