Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 620 Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Do you fix your problem with black screen of laptop display? I have the same problem on HP 470 G5 (i3-8130u). External HDMI monitor work fine, but not internal. You fix it by patching EDID?
If you have a black monitor on the laptop and a working external HDMI that means there is something wrong with your BIOS or device properties patching.

You can try using Hackintool and see what it comes up with (Hackintool allows you to change the monitor connector properties). Use this app, go to Patch (1st icon) then check the Info section for your GPU settings. Then select your generation board ie. Coffee Lake and the device ID value denoting your CPUID model. You can find this CPUID on Intel's spec website by googling your CPU specs ie. i3-8100U. It will be displayed under Device ID ie. 0x3E92. So you select that under the Device ID, select in above menu bar the Framebuffer version you are patching for ie. <=10.13 or 10.14.

If you check the Connectors tab, make sure at least index 0 is set to the internal monitor (LVDS) and index 1 to the HDMI - that should stop you getting the black screen (but the configuration may be slightly different on your board, so test your settings).

So try using some of the settings below and hit Generate Patch under the 2nd Patch button. You will need to transfer these settings to your Clover Configurator config.plist Devices/Properties section in order for it to work. This is also the method to enable the Intel VRAM VDA decoding:

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.44.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.44.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.44.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.45.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.56.30 PM.png

I used Textedit to add the following patch data to the config.plist. If done correctly (as they have to be aligned and in correct format), it should end up like this on Clover Configurator (readable without error). If you've added the Intel GPU here, you don't need to use a platform-id nor IntelGFX setting (just leave them empty). If you are using a dGPU setting with this, ie. Nvidia as main unit but using Intel as headless, you'll need to replace the 00 in front of the AAPL, ig-platform-id with 03 or 09.

The LSPCON settings is reserved for laptops only - if you're not using a laptop you don't need those settings nor the framebuffer-con-settings (just disable it and remove all references to framebuffer-con in the patch code).

Once this is saved and the system rebooted, you should have Quicksync enabled. Obviously the above settings are for laptops, but barring the LSPCON settings it can work with most setups. Only exception is your boot-args - you still have to use the relevant settings for your system.

If you have an AMD setup you may need to use shikigva=128 while those with Nvidia's may need to use nvda_drv=1 and shikigva=256.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back