i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ive got a dell 7370, i7 8550u,intel uhd 620, 1920x1080, Samsung NMVe 512, 16GB 2400Mhz.
Ive installed High Sierra 10.13.5, Using clover 4558UEFI, Im dual booting windows and MacOS. For the life of me i just cant seem to get GPU acceleration to work. I can only boot with platformID as 0x12345678 "Invalid of course" But it boots. Everything else seems to work fine. Minus wi-fi do to my Intel chip but the broadcom is in the mail. Anyways, If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Pauls MacPro.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 247
Ive got a dell 7370, i7 8550u,intel uhd 620, 1920x1080, Samsung NMVe 512, 16GB 2400Mhz.
Ive installed High Sierra 10.13.5, Using clover 4558UEFI, Im dual booting windows and MacOS. For the life of me i just cant seem to get GPU acceleration to work. I can only boot with platformID as 0x12345678 "Invalid of course" But it boots. Everything else seems to work fine. Minus wi-fi do to my Intel chip but the broadcom is in the mail. Anyways, If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Well I've went back and read through the guide again. Im using the 620.plist from the clover guide. Also read up on the DVMT patch possibly needed. From what i can tell from my BIOS i have 64mb. Anyways, Ive tried with and without the patch and it either ends up in a reboot or locks at IOscreenLockState 3. Im using the requested FakeID 0x59168086 and PlatformID 0x591b0000. Also using the Latest Intel Graphics Fixup and Lilu.kexts. Also Using FakePCIID and FakePCIID Intel Graphics.kext. Installed in L/E. Ive tried just about every platformID listed in clover and with no luck. The only one that gives a-little faith is 59120000. With this platformID i can boot with an external monitor connected and i get full QE/CI. About this mac states Intel UHD 620 1536MB. So if anyone has any help to get my internal monitor working it would be much appreciated..

Attachments

• Send me Pauls-MacBook-Pro.zip
    2 MB · Views: 200
I will follow this post as we are in the same boat (as you said)...

Well I've went back and read through the guide again. Im using the 620.plist from the clover guide. Also read up on the DVMT patch possibly needed. From what i can tell from my BIOS i have 64mb. Anyways, Ive tried with and without the patch and it either ends up in a reboot or locks at IOscreenLockState 3. Im using the requested FakeID 0x59168086 and PlatformID 0x591b0000. Also using the Latest Intel Graphics Fixup and Lilu.kexts. Also Using FakePCIID and FakePCIID Intel Graphics.kext. Installed in L/E. Ive tried just about every platformID listed in clover and with no luck. The only one that gives a-little faith is 59120000. With this platformID i can boot with an external monitor connected and i get full QE/CI. About this mac states Intel UHD 620 1536MB. So if anyone has any help to get my internal monitor working it would be much appreciated..

Your profile lacks important hardware details (screen resolution).
Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your ioreg shows internal display detected (1920x1080).
Looks like you failed to implement backlight control though.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Ive Implemented the Backlight control via the attached instructions. Backlight seems to be working correctly now, But i still cannot get my "Internal Monitor" to work. Ive tried all the common platformIDs "591b0000, 59160000, etc. And still the only one that gives any output is the 59120000. But only to an external monitor hooked up via HDMI on the laptop. The main screen just loads up to a black screen but i can here sounds in the background "error sounds from hitting esc, enter etc." Im kinda lost at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• Send me Pauls-MacBook-Pro 2.zip
    2 MB · Views: 158
Ive Implemented the Backlight control via the attached instructions. Backlight seems to be working correctly now, But i still cannot get my "Internal Monitor" to work. Ive tried all the common platformIDs "591b0000, 59160000, etc. And still the only one that gives any output is the 59120000. But only to an external monitor hooked up via HDMI on the laptop. The main screen just loads up to a black screen but i can here sounds in the background "error sounds from hitting esc, enter etc." Im kinda lost at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

You failed to fix your profile (screen resolution still missing).
Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also...
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, see guide for recommended config.plist:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note that ioreg proves backlight control is not correctly implemented.

Last edited:
Hi, I just wanted to check if you have solved this issue or did you also give up this model?

Hi, I just wanted to check if you have solved this issue or did you also give up this model?
I have not fixed my Graphical issues with this laptop. Im honestly at a halt. Ive tried about everything "I" can think of and have read various guides and tutorials and for some reason I still cannot get QE/CI to work on this laptop. Booting with PlatformID 0x12345678 allows me into the OS. And I have wifi, etc. But without acceleration its pretty rough lol. Im attaching my current debug and my verbose lock point. If anyone could help. It would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20180711_192432.jpg
    IMG_20180711_192432.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 297
  • debug_27048.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 192
I have not fixed my Graphical issues with this laptop. Im honestly at a halt. Ive tried about everything "I" can think of and have read various guides and tutorials and for some reason I still cannot get QE/CI to work on this laptop. Booting with PlatformID 0x12345678 allows me into the OS. And I have wifi, etc. But without acceleration its pretty rough lol. Im attaching my current debug and my verbose lock point. If anyone could help. It would be much appreciated.

MacBookPro14,3 is a poor choice.
Use MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookPro14,1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back