Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 620 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
See guide for correct FakeID setting:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Typical is IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + CoreDisplayFixup.kext (assuming 4k display) + Lilu.kext + FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.
Do you think that this might be due to an eDP/LVDS issue? (how do I know which one? Intel Graphics Control Panel in windows doesn't show, maybe somehow in ubuntu?) EDIT* eDP for sure.
3. Add Properties 'AAPL,GfxYTile' = 0x01000000 to fix menubar glitch.
4. Apply 'eDP, port 0000, 0x191e0000, 0x19160000, 0x19260000, 0x19270000, 0x191b0000, 0x19160002, 0x19260002, 0x191e0003, 0x19260004, 0x19270004, 0x193b0005 credit syscl' kext patch to change the connect-type to eDP.
Would these "add properties" help with the situation? @qwas00 couldn't get internal monitor to work with full QE/CI but external was working.
I can boot it with full nvram only if I add
Code (Text):
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<integer>0x00000090</integer>
to the device properties.

However, injecting this also makes the screen go black so it's useless without a second display...

Without this code it stops at the following post. The screen gets brighter at same time as it freezes, so it looks like it loaded the graphics driver but still couldn't boot... No KP as far as I can see.

Also is the pixel clock patch necessary under coredisplay.kext?
How about injecting custom EDID?
If all fails, how can we change DVMT through the UEFI shell that darkvoid used on his XPS?
Please look into this, my PR files along with 2 verbose stuck screens are attached.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT* definitely eDP shown through xrandr in ubuntu.

Attachments

• PR with CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Do you think that this might be due to an eDP/LVDS issue? (how do I know which one? Intel Graphics Control Panel in windows doesn't show, maybe somehow in ubuntu?) EDIT* eDP for sure.

Would these "add properties" help with the situation? @qwas00 couldn't get internal monitor to work with full QE/CI but external was working.

Also is the pixel clock patch necessary under coredisplay.kext?
How about injecting custom EDID?
If all fails, how can we change DVMT through the UEFI shell that darkvoid used on his XPS?
Please look into this, my PR files along with 2 verbose stuck screens are attached.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT* definitely eDP shown through xrandr in ubuntu.

Your kextcache proves the the required kexts are not installed.

Your kextcache proves the the required kexts are not installed.
Can we assume that whatevergreen covers for DVMTfixup, coredisplay and intelhdgraogicsfixup? How could eDP affect macOS, and maybe how can I fix it? Thanks!

Can we assume that whatevergreen covers for DVMTfixup, coredisplay and intelhdgraogicsfixup? How could eDP affect macOS, and maybe how can I fix it? Thanks!

I would not assume anything. WhateverGreen.kext requires a lot of configuration... I have not used it yet.
Best to stick with what we know works.
WhateverGreen.kext not needed for Intel graphics until Mojave... you are writing in the High Sierra Laptop Support forum.

I would not assume anything. WhateverGreen.kext requires a lot of configuration... I have not used it yet.
Best to stick with what we know works.
WhateverGreen.kext not needed for Intel graphics until Mojave... you are writing in the High Sierra Laptop Support forum.
Ok, that’s nice to know!
Since there are so many versions of lilu out there and some stopped supporting coredisplay can you maybe suggest me a version that is compatible for all the needed graphics kexts? (QHD+)
Also there’s a kexttopatch that had to do with eDP could that help maybe?

Ok, that’s nice to know!
Since there are so many versions of lilu out there and some stopped supporting coredisplay can you maybe suggest me a version that is compatible for all the needed graphics kexts? (QHD+)
Also there’s a kexttopatch that had to do with eDP could that help maybe?

There is only one official download location for Lilu.kext and CoreDisplayFixup.kext.
They are linked from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I tend to build from sources...

There is only one official download location for Lilu.kext and CoreDisplayFixup.kext.
They are linked from the guide:

I tend to build from sources...
I have decided to update to 10.14... And I used setup_var2 to change total GFX to max and DVMT-preallocated to I believe 128 or 96 (0x3) Bios Attached.
There is something still causing KP when booting, may you please take a look(from different slow-mo angles)? Sorry I know this is High Sierra...
PR and Clover are attached. Panic logs are also in there, it seems that there are several different types of panic.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• extracted-bios.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 830
  • IMG_0372.PNG
    IMG_0372.PNG
    975.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0371.PNG
    IMG_0371.PNG
    876.1 KB · Views: 121
  • PR with CLOVER.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I have decided to update to 10.14... And I used setup_var2 to change total GFX to max and DVMT-preallocated to I believe 128 or 96 (0x3) Bios Attached.
There is something still causing KP when booting, may you please take a look(from different slow-mo angles)? Sorry I know this is High Sierra...
PR and Clover are attached. Panic logs are also in there, it seems that there are several different types of panic.
Thanks in advance!

No setting for DVMT-prealloc 128mb.
64mb would be 0x2:
Code:
0x9909E            Setting: DVMT Pre-Allocated, Variable: 0xDF {05 91 D9 11 EC 11 D9 01 02 00 DF 00 10 10 00 FE 00}
0x990EA                Option: 64M, Value: 0x2 {09 07 DC 11 00 00 02}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back