Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 620 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
the IOConsoleUsers line is normal, and it takes quite a while to pass, especially if you're using an invalid ig-platform-id (as recommended in the guide).

I didn't think that's the problem either.
It seems to be related to the screen.

Why? Because I can boot when disabling the internal screen through the custom flag I wrote above.

Code:
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<integer>0x00000090</integer>

That I can boot with full nvram using that flag also indicates that the framebuffer patch is working and that the ig-platform-id and device-id are working too.

But when I try to enable the internal display again it will get stuck at IOConsoleUsers again...

@qwas00 Hi! I'm about to go down on the matebook x pro too! May you please share a few tips on getting the installer to boot (bios, DMVT etc...)? It would be perfect if you can share your Clover file along with them SSDT and DSDTs! If you are so kind to do so, remember to take out that serial number and other sensitive information! Thanks in advance!

P.S. Hows the wifi and Thunderbolt on macOS? :)

@qwas00 Hi! I'm about to go down on the matebook x pro too! May you please share a few tips on getting the installer to boot (bios, DMVT etc...)? It would be perfect if you can share your Clover file along with them SSDT and DSDTs! If you are so kind to do so, remember to take out that serial number and other sensitive information! Thanks in advance!

P.S. Hows the wifi and Thunderbolt on macOS? :)

Concerning the bios, I think you only have to disable safe-boot. They aren't very configurable...
To reach the High Sierra installer is kind of messy, since you have to disable the discrete graphics. There is a simple SSDT to do that though.

The Intel wifi card will as far as I know never work on macOS and the Thunderbolt I haven't even tried to get working so far. I'd recommend using the usb port for a small wifi stick.

But as you can see it's a real mess to get the graphics acceleration to work (especially for me who am completely new to this...) and without graphics acceleration it's hard to even use the computer...

I'll of course share all files I've made and info I've gathered. :)

@RehabMan Concerning the HD620 issue that @qwas00 put forth, does the NVMT-prealloc have to be set to 96MB or more since the laptop is a QHD+ (3000x2000)? And maybe we also need to remove the pixel clock limitations?
As mentioned in the FAQ:
"Q. Are QHD+/UHD laptop displays supported?

Requirements for QHD+/UHD displays:
- patched IOKit framework (to remove pixel clock limitations)
- DVMT-prealloc set to 96MB or 128MB in BIOS"

Another question: DSDTs and SSDTs have to be patched before doing the DMVT-prealloc right?
Thanks in advance!

I didn't think that's the problem either.
It seems to be related to the screen.

Why? Because I can boot when disabling the internal screen through the custom flag I wrote above.

Code:
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<integer>0x00000090</integer>

That I can boot with full nvram using that flag also indicates that the framebuffer patch is working and that the ig-platform-id and device-id are working too.

But when I try to enable the internal display again it will get stuck at IOConsoleUsers again...

Keep in mind HiDPI display will need CoreDisplayFixup.kext.

You will need to attach PR files that represent the problem scenario.
(no verbose boot photo attached, no EFI/Clover showing valid ig-platform-id in use)

Also, your profile needs fixing as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: My guess is you have a 4k/HiDPI display but forgot CoreDisplayFixup.kext.

I'm also not getting full QE/CI on the same computer (only 22mb), and probably same issue. Pretty sure that DVMT is the root of all problems. We can't access DVMT in BIOS, and our displays are QHD+. Yikes.

A few things:
-I use @RehabMan 's plists barely changing anything for HD620 (nonspoof) + lilu + whatevergreen. First boot with invalid platformID with -f bootflag. Then sudo kextcache -u / . Then I boot with platform ID 0x591b0000, 0x5916, 0x5917. No good. Though I realize that when IntelGFX is set to 0x5917 the boot speed is much faster.

-Since whatevergreen is supposed to cover IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, IntelHDGraphics.kext, coredisplayfixup.kext(for QHD+), and otheres , I tried to boot without the DVMT patch in config.plist (kextcache and all that good stuff). Either way it KPs. I also tried to inject EDID. Nope.
-most of the kexts are installed into /L/E though in the PR's kexkcache attached you might find whatevergreen outputs
Code:
Link failed (error code 5)
Prelink failed for as.vit9696.WhateverGreen; omitting from prelinked kernel.

So since Apple now actually supports 8th gen CPUs on their own laptops, there must be a way. Others such as @the-darkvoid and a xiaomi guide has done it on i7 -8550U but using a different method on their config.plst, not the way rehabman likes it though.

So questions:
Just to be sure, inject Intel, yes?
Inject nVidia, EDID?
Do we have to put screen resolution in Graphics or in GUI?
SMBIOS 14,1 or 14,2?
Any other kextstopatch to apply for 10.13.6?
any suggested hotpatches to use?

Thanks!

EDIT* if these all fail, should we spoof Skylake? And with DVMT broken, the AppleIntelKBLFrameBuffer.kext won't load right?

Attachments

• PR with CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 89
  • rehabman hates this CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
  • KP(0x591b0000).JPG
    KP(0x591b0000).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
-most of the kexts are installed into /L/E though in the PR's kexkcache attached you might find whatevergreen outputs
Code:
Link failed (error code 5)
Prelink failed for as.vit9696.WhateverGreen; omitting from prelinked kernel.

WhateverGreen.kext is a Lilu plugin,... must have matching Lilu.kext.

So since Apple now actually supports 8th gen CPUs on their own laptops, there must be a way.

Keep in mind such Macs use a special build of 10.13.6.

Just to be sure, inject Intel, yes?
Inject nVidia, EDID?

Depends on how you're approaching graphics property injection.

Do we have to put screen resolution in Graphics or in GUI?

This is only for Clover GUI.
FYI: No such thing as "screen resolution" in config.plist/Graphics.

SMBIOS 14,1 or 14,2?

MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1 recommended.

Any other kextstopatch to apply for 10.13.6?
any suggested hotpatches to use?

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

Keep in mind such Macs use a special build of 10.13.6.

Depends on how you're approaching graphics property injection.

This is only for Clover GUI.
FYI: No such thing as "screen resolution" in config.plist/Graphics.

MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1 recommended.

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
Can you suggest a way that we can work with the problem of not having full QE/CI with 8550U UHD 620? (kexttopatch? Hotpatches?)
On the picture I uploaded of KP its DVMT's fault right?
both installed to /L/E?
Keep in mind HiDPI display will need CoreDisplayFixup.kext.
CoreDisplayfixUp still needed with whatevergreen?

EDIT* is there anything wrong with my PR and CLOVER files?
Do we need the 32mb bios 19MB framebuffer kexttopatch? (disabled or enabled?)
How does using the 620spoof plist sound?

Last edited:
Can you suggest a way that we can work with the problem of not having full QE/CI with 8550U UHD 620? (kexttopatch? Hotpatches?)

You would need to upload PR files.

On the picture I uploaded of KP its DVMT's fault right?

No idea. The important part of the KP log is truncated.

both installed to /L/E?

Yes... As all kexts should be.

CoreDisplayfixUp still needed with whatevergreen?

I have not tested/used the new WhateverGreen.kext. You should read the documentation and decide for yourself.
You cannot expect WhateverGreen.kext to work at all without the correct Lilu.kext installed.

You would need to upload PR files.

No idea. The important part of the KP log is truncated.

Yes... As all kexts should be.

I have not tested/used the new WhateverGreen.kext. You should read the documentation and decide for yourself.
You cannot expect WhateverGreen.kext to work at all without the correct Lilu.kext installed.
PR files with clover are here.
If I don't use whatevergreen, which kexts should be used?

Attachments

• PR with CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back