Contribute
Register

Intel UHD 620 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should not expect the graphics kexts to load when using an invalid ig-platform-id.
Must use a valid ig-platform-id.

Yes, I can only get into the system with an invalid id, but even after rebuilding the cache the problem remains.

Valid IDs
591b, (some people have suggested 5916, 5917)
all give the same errors.

So my question should have been what prevents the graphics from loading when I use the valid ID?

Yes, I can only get into the system with an invalid id, but even after rebuilding the cache the problem remains.

Valid IDs
591b, (some people have suggested 5916, 5917)
all give the same errors.

So my question should have been what prevents the graphics from loading when I use the valid ID?

You will need to attach PR files that represent the problem scenario.
(no verbose boot photo attached, no EFI/Clover showing valid ig-platform-id in use)

Also, your profile needs fixing as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Note: My guess is you have a 4k/HiDPI display but forgot CoreDisplayFixup.kext.

I have updated my profile with the chipset model and display resolution.

For pr files, I used this script. Is there something more I should attach?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Concerning the verbose photo, it flashes by so quickly I can't even take a good photo of it... Anyways, here they are.

When it comes to valid ID
I thought the pre-selected value in the config.plist you uploaded for HD615-650 would be valid (0x591b).
However when looking around, some people are suggesting 5916, and wikipedia and says the device id for UHD 620 is 0x5917.
Either way, setting it at 0x591b, 0x5917 or leaving it out blank all results in unsuccessful boots.

As far as I've understood it, the solution you proposed shouldn't be necessary since CoreDisplayFixup.kext is already present in WhateverGreen.kext. I tried throwing it in but that didn't change anything.

Last edited:
I have updated my profile with the chipset model and display resolution.

For pr files, I used this script. Is there something more I should attach?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Concerning the verbose photo, it flashes by so quickly I can't even take a good photo of it... Anyways, here they are.

When it comes to valid ID
I thought the pre-selected value in the config.plist you uploaded for HD615-650 would be valid (0x591b).
However when looking around, some people are suggesting 5916, and wikipedia and says the device id for UHD 620 is 0x5917.
Either way, setting it at 0x591b, 0x5917 or leaving it out blank all results in unsuccessful boots.

As far as I've understood it, the solution you proposed shouldn't be necessary since CoreDisplayFixup.kext is already present in WhateverGreen.kext. I tried throwing it in but that didn't change anything.

KP is DVMT-prealloc issue.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have made some progress but can still not get it to work with WhateverGreen and Lilu.

Through some device-properties entries I believe I'm finally pretty close...

I can boot it with full nvram only if I add
Code:
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<integer>0x00000090</integer>
to the device properties.

However, injecting this also makes the screen go black so it's useless without a second display...

Without this code it stops at the following post. The screen gets brighter at same time as it freezes, so it looks like it loaded the graphics driver but still couldn't boot... No KP as far as I can see.

Why is it possible to boot only if I force external video output?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 22.21.12.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 22.21.12.png
    294.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 22.21.51.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 22.21.51.png
    363.7 KB · Views: 378
  • debug_25256.zip
    861.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20180806_172320.jpg
    IMG_20180806_172320.jpg
    9.5 MB · Views: 349
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 22.22.08.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 22.22.08.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 393
  • CLOVER.zip
    13 MB · Views: 127
I have made some progress but can still not get it to work with WhateverGreen and Lilu.

Through some device-properties entries I believe I'm finally pretty close...

I can boot it with full nvram only if I add
Code:
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<integer>0x00000090</integer>
to the device properties.

However, injecting this also makes the screen go black so it's useless without a second display...

Without this code it stops at the following post. The screen gets brighter at same time as it freezes, so it looks like it loaded the graphics driver but still couldn't boot... No KP as far as I can see.

Why is it possible to boot only if I force external video output?

Your attached EFI/Clover proves you did not follow the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I appreciate that you took the time to have a look.
I have read the guide many times.

Are you referring to that I use WhateverGreen?

Your Clover/kexts/Other content is not even close to that suggested in the guide.
After looking there and finding such an obvious difference, I didn't check anything else, as it was clear you're not following the guide at all.

Your Clover/kexts/Other content is not even close to that suggested in the guide.
After looking there and finding such an obvious difference, I didn't check anything else, as it was clear you're not following the guide at all.

I have tried many configurations.
A setup with only FakeSMC, Lilu and WhateverGreen also result in it getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers...

Patching the discrete graphics didn't help either.

I guess I'll have to give up for now.

I have tried many configurations.
A setup with only FakeSMC, Lilu and WhateverGreen also result in it getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers...

Patching the discrete graphics didn't help either.

I guess I'll have to give up for now.

the IOConsoleUsers line is normal, and it takes quite a while to pass, especially if you're using an invalid ig-platform-id (as recommended in the guide).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back