Contribute
Register

Intel NUC11 and 11th Gen CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I looked at your EFI from earlier and I've edited and added the extra info. The battery and Voodoo controller kexts have been removed and disabled as have the Airportbrcmfixup.

I have created two versions you can try - one is CFL which uses Coffee Lake CPUID and one ICL which uses Ice Lake CPUID (from your CPU-Z spec posting). Both EFIs are using IGPU device-id 499A.

Will it probably work with any Amber Lake (from 8th Gen CPU Family) or SkyLake (9th Gen CPUs) or Comet Lake (from 10th Gen CPU Family)?

does seem a little strange

maybe faking the cpu but no guarantee that would work that great
Possibly not because of the minor and major changes getting place in the underlying microarchitecture differences. Spoofing the CPU ID will only offer the extended CPU support to Tiger Lake as the Core ISA kind of remains the same across the last 3 Generations of Intel processors.

But If you think this might help you in extending iGPU support on Tiger Lake, then your math is wrong. Because "Intel Xe includes a new instruction set architecture." and does not show sign of Backward Compatability.

Possibly not because of the minor and major changes getting place in the underlying microarchitecture differences. Spoofing the CPU ID will only offer the extended CPU support to Tiger Lake as the Core ISA kind of remains the same across the last 3 Generations of Intel processors.

But If you think this might help you in extending iGPU support on Tiger Lake, then your math is wrong. Because "Intel Xe includes a new instruction set architecture." and does not show sign of Backward Compatability.

Hello.

The above quote was in reply to my post.

You might get output from the new iGPU BUT there will be no hardware acceleration at all, because as you already understand, Apple has not used this new model yet and the instruction set is different.

No amount of "spoofing" will improve on this. So it is best to use a dGPU for now.

Hello.

The above quote was in reply to my post.

You might get output from the new iGPU BUT there will be no hardware acceleration at all, because as you already understand, Apple has not used this new model yet and the instruction set is different.

No amount of "spoofing" will improve on this. So it is best to use a dGPU for now.
thank you for your answers.
Apple will save us from this trouble when it uses this Gpu yu recently.

by the way, what is suitable for NUC11 "dgpu" for use ? Do you have any advice ?

thank you for your answers.
Apple will save us from this trouble when it uses this Gpu yu recently.

I'm not certain they will... :thumbdown

which is why i said it may work and not it will work....

nothing wrong with my maths as no maths was involved....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back