Contribute
Register

Intel Nuc 2.0 (Broadwell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
changed the ig-platform-id to 0x16260004 (others were using 0006? That didn't work for me)
Post #127, SSDT-1 is 04, unclear where the 06 version came from.
Thanks for the macbook air7 SN notes.

Changing Serial for apple services
8. Mount EFI Volume (already mounted from before), edit /Volumes/EFI/EFi/clover/config.plist and replace SerialNumber string with MacBookair 7, serial.

First off, thanks for taking the time to put together these instructions. I have the i7 Broadwell NUC - would using a serial for the MacBook Pro 12,1 work any better than the MacBook Air 7?

Dear tazman1937,

I have the same NUC as you (NUC5i5RYH) and I have replaced clover folder with yours, it is working on fist boot and when I rebooted the NUC booting halfway and crashed.

Any help would be appreciated?

So in following the guide on page 19, I first got stuck after installing Yosemite and rebooting. I had installed to an m.2 PCIe drive (if that matters) and it did not show up in the list of boot devices in the F10 boot menu and I could not boot to that from the Clover menu.

Eventually from the Clover menu I booted in Install OS X Yosemite again, and it gave a new progress bar with more work, and rebooted when it finished. After that reboot, I could boot to the new drive from Clover. Yay!

I did this on a NUC5i7 using the i7 SSDT and hd6200 SSDT-1 provided in posts 209 and 211. I was able to get networking and audio working per the page 19 guide (though I had to reboot after installing the network driver before the audio install script would run because it downloads stuff).

I tried "Sleep" from the Apple menu and then poking keyboard and mouse, and it seemed to sleep and wake properly.

The one issue I have, which seems the same as a previous i7 poster, is that System Information shows the CPU as a "3.09 GHz Intel Core i5". If that is only a visual glitch then I don't really care. If it affects the speed, power saving, or there are other functional differences, I would like to correct it, but I'd need some guidance. (Though: Intel Power Gadget seems to show expected results, including both 2-3W when doing nothing and speed up to 3.4 GHz when working hard, and GeekBench identified the CPU correctly.)

Update: I did have a couple episodes where the screen went crazy, like random rectangles from different apps were showing and hiding all over the place. Sleeping and waking didn't help, but a reboot fixed it each time. I have attached an iojones file in case it helps with either that or the i5 naming issue, but I've never done this before -- I just started iojones and hit save -- so tell me if I need to do something different to get the right information. Here it is: View attachment nuc5i7.iojones

Thanks for the help and guide!

* NUC 5i7, Kingston HyperX Predator 240 GB, Toshiba 500GB SATA HDD, Crucial 16 GB DDR3-1600

Last edited:
So I just noticed that the i7-5557U is listed as having an Iris 6100, but the SSDTs for the NUC5i7 posted earlier have been for a 6000 and 6200... Maybe that explains the occasional display freak-out? I'm trying the 6000 SSDT-1 posted earlier to see if that resolves the occasional display glitch.

Meanwhile, I notice that the 13-inch MacBook Pro can take an i7-5557U chip, so I wonder if there's some way to configure the machine to work "just like that"? (Surely this just goes to show how little I know of the actual mechanics... :)

Update
: so far no display issues with the hd6000 SSDT-1. At some point I'll have my kids try Minecraft on it and see if it holds up for light gaming.
Also, the sound via the headphone jack is excellent -- I hadn't tried at all before but I'm impressed. :)

Update 2
: Ha ha, spoke too soon. Different display glitch -- Safari shows all black in the area for the Web page. If I restart Safari, the default page renders, but going anywhere else turns the whole area black. Other apps seem unaffected (iTunes, iTerm, Power Gadget, etc.). Too bad I didn't have the foresight to download another browser! (I'm typing from a different machine.)

Also, using the hd6000 SSDT-1 I notice in Power Gadget the graphics seem to mostly stay at 400 MHz (with the occasional bump up), though for the i7-5557U it looks like the base frequency should be 300 MHz. I think it was 300 MHz when I was using the hd6200 SSDT-1, though I'm not positive of that.

Last edited:
I have the similar setup as Ammulder - i7 nuc, latest Yosemite, using i7 SSDT and HD 6200 SSDT-1

I'm getting the same screen glitch (strobing black rectangles), but it seems to be rare. I also have my coy appearing as an i5 rather than i7.

Other than that, the setup works well. Dual booting with Windows 10 on same SSD with no problems. Tried to set up triple boot with Ubuntu, but on start up Ubuntu launches rather than Clover and I haven't found a simple solution yet.

Setup is:

NUC5I7RYH
Samsung EVO M.2 SSD
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz

I also have the same problems. The graphic does not work well. Just allow me to 1080p resolutions and native 4K (I use this monitor) in 30 Hz of course. If I choose another resolution: graphics problems.

I 've generated a ssdt:

============================================
v15.7beta3 modified by Dolphin @ FireWolf Pl.
Note that v15.7beta3 is NOT an official release from Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

gDataPath: /Users/jose/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data
System information: Mac OS X 10.10.4 (14E46)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5557U CPU @ 3.10GHz'

ACPI Processor {} Declaration(s) found in DSDT
sed: 1: "s/^[\n]*
Warning
Usin ...": unterminated substitute pattern

Warning
Using assumed Scope (\_PR) {}:
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacBookPro12,1' with board-id [Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6]
Broadwell Core i7-5557U processor [0x306D4] setup [0x0606]
With a maximum TDP of 28 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 4 (Core Frequency: 3100 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 3 (3200-3400 MHz)
Number of P-States: 27 (800-3400 MHz)
Adjusting C-States for detected (mobile) processor
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6,C7)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3,C6,C7)
Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0606 instead of 0x0906)

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140926-64 [Nov 6 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation
===================================================

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0606 instead of 0x0906)
Is a mistake?. Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back