Contribute
Register

Intel Nuc 2.0 (Broadwell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that was the wrong EFI, this is what's on my SSD (Working on a few machines right now, sorry)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    40.1 MB · Views: 217
Watching the P-states status log in DPCImanager shows an error, see attached

Attachments

• Untitled.tiff
    67.6 KB · Views: 115
Just rebooted. This is the exact copy of the clover directory off my NUC. It's working, except that sleep bug.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 138
This is the exact copy of the clover directory off my NUC. It's working, except that sleep bug.
To be clear, no PM conclusions are possible with the info provided. See Post #141, attach all requested files.

Regarding the sleep bug, Intel code is reporting a problem to prevent catastrophic failure; defective hardware.

Posts #121, 122 and 123 all report the "Processor thermal trip" error

I doubt it's faulty hardware unless every single NUC5i5 has manufacturing defect.
It sounds like PM issues with OSX. Win10 doesn't cause thermal trips (dual booting)

I will put all the correct info up when I'm back in front of the machine; at work right now

Phew, I spent many many many hours yesterday trying to get my i7 NUC running Yosemite.

After reading through to page 19 of this thread, success! Thanks :D

I'm curious though...

With the BIOS settings for the video memory, are we getting less 'video card' performance? So it would make things like Final Cut Pro video editing slower?

OS X reports an i5 cpu instead of my i7 cpu. Is this going to affect performance or it's just based on the Macbook that we're replicating?

Thanks for the reply :) I guess I must have used the SSDT from this thread. I replaced SSDT and SSDT-1 with the ones you provided. But it still says i5 when I check my system overview.

Have attached the output from IORegExp :)

I also noticed that when scrolling with a ouse it jumps up and down randomly rather than smoothly in one direction.

Attachments

• MacBook Air.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back