Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

,I stuck at"PCI Configuration Begin"
Hi, please check BIOS settings for IGD - it should be 256Mb - for me bigger value caused the same as you experience

My machine is showing Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Where can I get my hands on this partially working Thunderbolt 3 SSDT? Is included in something at the Gigabyte Designare Z390 thread?

Also, tried sleep just for the heck of it-- I wouldn't recommend, lol.

My machine is showing Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Where can I get my hands on this partially working Thunderbolt 3 SSDT? Is included in something at the Gigabyte Designare Z390 thread?

Also, tried sleep just for the heck of it-- I wouldn't recommend, lol.
I am playing around with the SSDT from @CaseySJ build for the brand new Z490 Vision D board. Located Here
You need to grab these two files SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-TB3HP.aml and place them in the OC —> ACPI directory

SSDT from @CaseySJ build
Thanks for direction! I spent much time today trying to run Thunderbolt, after your post I downloaded Casey's files and to my surprise I found no need to amend them - the PCI path is exactly the same on NUC10. So just put them in ACPI folder and it seems it works! CalDigit TS3 Plus is connected with all devices attached (e-hdd, webcam, spdif etc.)

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 11.11.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks for direction! I spent much time today trying to run Thunderbolt, after your post I downloaded Casey's files and to my surprise I found no need to amend them - the PCI path is exactly the same on NUC10. So just put them in ACPI folder and it seems it works! CalDigit TS3 Plus is connected with all devices attached (e-hdd, webcam, spdif etc.)

View attachment 474337
Interesting yours is reporting the Titan Ridge in the PCI section, mine isn’t doing that.

I still can't get graphics working, strange things happens - video (youtube) isn't playing

Current config:
AAPL,ig-platform-id = 07009B3E​
device-id = 9B3E0000​
enable-hdmi20 = 01000000​

Driver is definitely being loaded and it shows up in system informaiton.
Does anybody succeed in it? Please share you config.

I still can't get graphics working, strange things happens - video (youtube) isn't playing

Current config:
device-id = 9B3E0000​

Check your device-id
1591534324998.png

Current config:
device-id = 9B3E0000​

Can you shoot me a copy of your EFI folder? I'd like to look at a couple of items. Thanks

Can you shoot me a copy of your EFI folder?
I think I tried most of the options from here (Comet Lake section) including yours.
My current video config is:
Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 18.54.07 PM.png

Sure, I would be glad for your feedback on that.

PS: I even used more complex video config from Casey (he uses framebuffer patches) - it works without modifications with the same result. You can even delete everything from his config except
AAPL,ig-platform-id​
device-id​
and it will still behave the same, the only pretty cool option is 'model' which is used to print out the graphics in About This Mac.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I think I tried most of the options from here (Comet Lake section) including yours.
My current video config is:
View attachment 474524
Sure, I would be glad for your feedback on that.

PS: I even used more complex video config from Casey (he uses framebuffer patches) - it works without modifications with the same result. You can even delete everything from his config except
AAPL,ig-platform-id​
device-id​
and it will still behave the same, the only pretty cool option is 'model' which is used to print out the graphics in About This Mac.

Comet Lake CPU requires:
  • device-id=9B3E0000
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id=00009B3E
this is an example for a UHD 620, for UHD 630 it's 3E9B0007 and 07009B3E

without a dGPU and no BIOS options for iGPU memory you have to use

framebuffer-patch-enable Data 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem Data 00003001

Last edited:
Back