Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Sansati

Here's mine. You'll need to generate a SYMBIOS. I upgraded to Big Sur 11.0.1 from Catalina 10.15.7. It may give you a starting point.
Why do you have the two reserve memory entries under UEFI ? Was there some discussion about these two exclusions or something ? I do see they are disabled.

Update:

O.k., at this point I have everything working, including HDMI sound after sleep. There's nothing not working currently and it will wake from a long sleep and everything works upon wake. Also, the SdCard IS enabled in the BIOS as well.

Why do you have the two reserve memory entries under UEFI ? Was there some discussion about these two exclusions or something ? I do see they are disabled.
Gatesjunior

Thanks for spotting that. They are leftovers from the 6.3 upgrade. I'm going to remove them.

Update:

O.k., at this point I have everything working, including HDMI sound after sleep. There's nothing not working currently and it will wake from a long sleep and everything works upon wake. Also, the SdCard IS enabled in the BIOS as well.
Sounds great, so even with just one HDMI device plugged in? Have to check your configuration later. Got my M1 Macbook Pro this week, so a bit less time left for NUC-tryouts after work ;)

I've cardreader enabled in the bios, too but it's not working for you too, is it?

Sounds great, so even with just one HDMI device plugged in? Have to check your configuration later. Got my M1 Macbook Pro this week, so a bit less time left for NUC-tryouts after work ;)

I've cardreader enabled in the bios, too but it's not working for you too, is it?
Correct, the card reader is not working. However, sleep/wake and only one HDMI is.

Update:

O.k., so Catalina's issue with audio not working on the HDMI after wake is resolved by adding the following to the NVRAM -> boot-args in your config.plist file.

darkwake=1024

The above assumes you at least have it where the HDMI output is showing up of course and is working prior to sleep.

This does not work so far in Big Sur, my assumption is they changed the darkwake values again or something.

Last edited:
Hi @gatesjunior can you elaborate on how you got HDMI audio working via the embedded HDMI plug of the NUC? Are you using AppleALC at all or FakePCIIDs?

Everyone, did anyone solve yet the slow OpenCore boot process in the first step/screen where that screen is showing [EB] debug logs? Has anyone managed to make it boot fast like on other hacks? (to the Darwin boot debug or Apple logo) Thanks

Hi @gatesjunior can you elaborate on how you got HDMI audio working via the embedded HDMI plug of the NUC? Are you using AppleALC at all or FakePCIIDs?

Everyone, did anyone solve yet the slow OpenCore boot process in the first step/screen where that screen is showing [EB] debug logs? Has anyone managed to make it boot fast like on other hacks? (to the Darwin boot debug or Apple logo) Thanks
So, I use VoodooHDA, AppleALC doesn't work with the ALC256 and HDMI audio, at least with only one display and using HDMI audio on the Intel NUC10i5. I do not load AppleALC at all. Also, no FakePCIID kexts either.

hi
my NUC 10 i7 is runing with 10.15.7. evrything works fine but the cursor moves little bit to slow in autocad. not to much but noticeable. i think my graphics is not right patched. here is my EFI. can somebody please provide a working EFI OC 0.6.3 for i7? thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 138
hi
my NUC 10 i7 is runing with 10.15.7. evrything works fine but the cursor moves little bit to slow in autocad. not to much but noticeable. i think my graphics is not right patched. here is my EFI. can somebody please provide a working EFI OC 0.6.3 for i7? thanks!
So are you using sound through HDMI or speakers or Bluetooth ?? You have some redundant AML files under ACPI that even though you are not loading, you should remove. As well as some drivers and tools you don't need that should also be removed. You only really need two files in Drivers, HfsPlus and OpenRuntime. Under tools you only need OpenShell could leave CleanNvram I suppose.

Also, I don't think any of the FAKEPCIID kexts nor the AppleHDADisabler kext are even getting loaded or are doing anything. You can verify this once your system is up and open a terminal and issue the following command:

sudo kextstat | grep -v -e com.apple

The above command is one I came up with that will only show you non-apple related kexts that are being loaded. Then just look and see if any of the three are actually being loaded. I don't think they are.

Last edited:
Back