Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Hey,
I enabled FileVault and suddenly weird thing happened - Bluetooth input devices (my apple keyboard and trackpad) won't connect on login page.

I run one of the latest EFI that showed up in this thread (I believe its #594), NUC10i7, OpenCore 0.6.3, Big Sur (but I know that this issue occur under Mojave as well).

Does anyone have the same issue? Is there a way to fix it or do I have to turn off the FileVault?

Thanks.

So are you using sound through HDMI or speakers or Bluetooth ?? You have some redundant AML files under ACPI that even though you are not loading, you should remove. As well as some drivers and tools you don't need that should also be removed. You only really need two files in Drivers, HfsPlus and OpenRuntime. Under tools you only need OpenShell could leave CleanNvram I suppose.

Also, I don't think any of the FAKEPCIID kexts nor the AppleHDADisabler kext are even getting loaded or are doing anything. You can verify this once your system is up and open a terminal and issue the following command:

sudo kextstat | grep -v -e com.apple

The above command is one I came up with that will only show you non-apple related kexts that are being loaded. Then just look and see if any of the three are actually being loaded. I don't think they are.
Hi,

Could you upload your EFI? I'm trying to get working my NUC10i5 but I do not find any full working EFI with HDMI audio and Thunderbolt working.

Thanks!

have you guys updated to Bios 46? it rendered my previously fine working NUC10i7 unbootable, just FYI. Whatever I do it just gets stuck, I literally just purchased.

i have next problem: there is no more macos in opencore boot screen? only win.
i use same EFI.

Attachments

• boot screen.jpg
    boot screen.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 68
Hi all, can any help me out with an OC 6.4 EFI for the i7 Nuc10 ? thanks all !

Also, I don't think any of the FAKEPCIID kexts nor the AppleHDADisabler kext are even getting loaded or are doing anything. You can verify this once your system is up and open a terminal and issue the following command:

I confirm and for the love of me, I cannot figure why even the base kext doesn't load, let alone the kextless files (e.g. HDMI Audio). They are 64-bit binaries, perhaps something in the Info.plist isn't accepted by Catalina with OpenCore because on my NUC8 with Catalina and Clover, I load this FakePCIID.kext just fine...

Hello,

I just did an installation of macOS Catalina and sometimes when I turn on the NUC I get the following error (see image).

The SSD is the Crucial P2. I have tried another Crucial P2 and it keeps giving the same error. Any ideas?

If I press Enter it starts fine.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_200138.jpg
    IMG_20201208_200138.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 74
So are you using sound through HDMI or speakers or Bluetooth ?? You have some redundant AML files under ACPI that even though you are not loading, you should remove. As well as some drivers and tools you don't need that should also be removed. You only really need two files in Drivers, HfsPlus and OpenRuntime. Under tools you only need OpenShell could leave CleanNvram I suppose.

The above command is one I came up with that will only show you non-apple related kexts that are being loaded. Then just look and see if any of the three are actually being loaded. I don't think they are.
gatesjunior,

Thank you so much for your contributions here.

I'm running a NUC 10 i7 and am struggling a bit with getting the audio to work. I understand the best we can do at this point is HDMI Audio only (ignoring possible bluetooth or headphone jack). I'm using the sample OC EFI NUC10i76.1 from: [Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc), post #894. Great resource and everything went smoothly except the audio.

I've read all the posts, but still don't quite understand your setup. Attached is my EFI (without unique serial numbers, etc.). Below is the file structure.

Also, I ran your suggested command to see which kexts are loaded: it looks like these are the only ones: Lilu, WEG, VirtualSMC, VoodooHDA, IntelMausi and IntelblueToothFirmware. I don't see AppleALC, AppleHDADisabler or USBPorts loaded.

Thoughts/suggestions for audio (and any other improvements)? Many thanks in advance.

1607453776523.png

1607456208367.png

Attachments

• EFINUC10i76.1.zip
    12 MB · Views: 171
O.k., so check these numbers out. I think I have it tweaked pretty good, especially considering it is the i5 variant.

Let me see those i7 numbers.
Here's my i7: 1154/5938

Attachments

• Macmini8,1 - Geekbench Browser No Other Apps.pdf
    97.7 KB · Views: 187
Hello everyone,

Glad to see this thread is alive and kicking. I updated to the lastest OpenCore 0.6.3 along with all my kext to the most recent version. I am using the latest Catalina 10.5.7 19H15 and it has been working perfectly. No issues at all and I use the computer a daily driver.

I just wanted to compare the performance of the NUC10i7 to the recently release Mac mini with M1 chip. The performance different, at least, on GeekBench 5 is pretty impressive:

My NUC10i7 hackintosh:
View attachment 496714

New MacMini 2020 M1:
View attachment 496715
MultiCore:
View attachment 496717

They are synthetic benchmarks but personally, the primary results is pretty impressive gains over the Intel Macs. Anyways, just wanted to post this. I'll keep my hackintosh for years since its an awesome little beast still and awesome little everyday computer. :)

Looks like the M1 is better performing than my NUC10i7 with 64GB of ram.

Last edited:
Back