Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Are you using HDMI Audio ? Thunderbolt ? Or are you using 3.5mm jack ? Bluetooth ? I am using HDMI Audio.

Update:

Tried AppleALC and all I see now in the Sound Output selections are Headphones and Internal Speakers.. NO HDMI ..
I've a USB Sound Device and often use a bluetooth headset, but I also have a display with built in speaker, which I used to test hdmi/thunderbolt audio.

Both displays (hdmi/thunderbolt) show up as sound devices:

1605785844839.png

Since the Dell (connected over hdmi) doesn't have internal speakers I connected my LG over HDMI to test and it worked. But normally the LG display is connected on thunderbolt (because it's a thunderbolt screen). Yesterday I didn't replug for my test, so I tested sound over thunderbolt, put it on sleep, woke (both devices still showed up), tested sound again and it worked.

Today I tried to replug the LG to HDMI and test it again.. It worked, put in on sleep, woke. It's gone. Doesn't show up as sound device anymore. Put it on sleep again, woke. No change. Hot repluged (LG Thunderbolt, Dell HDMI) -> Both show up again. Sleep, woke -> Both devices still there. It's strange. My Dell shows up after sleep, but without internal speakers I cannot check if it's still working.

I've a USB Sound Device and often use a bluetooth headset, but I also have a display with built in speaker, which I used to test hdmi/thunderbolt audio.

Both displays (hdmi/thunderbolt) show up as sound devices:

View attachment 497081

Since the Dell (connected over hdmi) doesn't have internal speakers I connected my LG over HDMI to test and it worked. But normally the LG display is connected on thunderbolt (because it's a thunderbolt screen). Yesterday I didn't replug for my test, so I tested sound over thunderbolt, put it on sleep, woke (both devices still showed up), tested sound again and it worked.

Today I tried to replug the LG to HDMI and test it again.. It worked, put in on sleep, woke. It's gone. Doesn't show up as sound device anymore. Put it on sleep again, woke. No change. Hot repluged (LG Thunderbolt, Dell HDMI) -> Both show up again. Sleep, woke -> Both devices still there. It's strange. My Dell shows up after sleep, but without internal speakers I cannot check if it's still working.
What alcid= are you using ? Also, do you have a layout-id specified under the PCI configuration in your config.plist ? Send me a zip of your EFI folder if you don't mind, I want to take a look at it. I am running the i5 variant and you are running the i7, so I know they are not the same, but I still want to look.

Could somebody please provide a working OC 0.6.3 EFI for the Nuc10i5?

The Nuc10i5 zipfiles posted earlier here are based on OC0.6.2 and I would like to upgrade to BigSur. I have tried building my own EFI and config.plist following the guide on Dortania but the stick is not booting properly. It stops after the first 50% of text on the screen and does not continue.

What alcid= are you using ? Also, do you have a layout-id specified under the PCI configuration in your config.plist ? Send me a zip of your EFI folder if you don't mind, I want to take a look at it. I am running the i5 variant and you are running the i7, so I know they are not the same, but I still want to look.
afaik the alcid boot arg just overwrites the layout-id but is basicly the same thing. So I don't use the alcid boot arg, but have layout-id set to <17000000> which is reversed hex for 23. If I check in hackintool it also shows layout-id 23:
1605849757404.png

I attached my EFI. If I remember right @konsti had problems with HDMI audio too, but I think our EFIs are more or less the same after I included some of his suggestions. I also tried using macmini8,1 as platform same results.

I did some more testing and I think I can confirm your problem. I tried some combinations of connecting my displays:

USB-C/Thunderbolt​
HDMI​
Result​
-​
X​
no sounddevice​
USB-C -> HDMI​
-​
no sounddevice​
Thunderbolt​
-​
no sounddevice​
USB-C -> HDMI​
X​
both devices show up​
Thunderbolt​
X​
both devices show up​

So for me it only works if both displays are connected. As soon as I connect the second one both will pop up as sound devices (hot plug). If I disconnect one the other one stays active. I can even unplug and replug the other one and it will work until sleep/reboot. Then it disappears again. I guess you guys have only one display connected and that's why it's not working for you. That's really strange, but should be somehow fixable I guess.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 131
afaik the alcid boot arg just overwrites the layout-id but is basicly the same thing. So I don't use the alcid boot arg, but have layout-id set to <17000000> which is reversed hex for 23. If I check in hackintool it also shows layout-id 23:
View attachment 497297

I attached my EFI. If I remember right @konsti had problems with HDMI audio too, but I think our EFIs are more or less the same after I included some of his suggestions. I also tried using macmini8,1 as platform same results.

I did some more testing and I think I can confirm your problem. I tried some combinations of connecting my displays:

USB-C/Thunderbolt​
HDMI​
Result​
-​
X​
no sounddevice​
USB-C -> HDMI​
-​
no sounddevice​
Thunderbolt​
-​
no sounddevice​
USB-C -> HDMI​
X​
both devices show up​
Thunderbolt​
X​
both devices show up​

So for me it only works if both displays are connected. As soon as I connect the second one both will pop up as sound devices (hot plug). If I disconnect one the other one stays active. I can even unplug and replug the other one and it will work until sleep/reboot. Then it disappears again. I guess you guys have only one display connected and that's why it's not working for you. That's really strange, but should be somehow fixable I guess.
O.k., so I din't see HDMI -> HDMI ?? I see USB-C -> HDMI AND Thunderbolt -> HDMI. Is that correct ? Because I am using HDMI -> HDMI off the back of the units HDMI port.

That's covert by the hdmi-column. X = display connected

View attachment 497297

USB-C/Thunderbolt​
HDMI​
Result​
-​
X​
no sounddevice​
USB-C -> HDMI​
-​
no sounddevice​
Thunderbolt​
-​
no sounddevice​
USB-C -> HDMI​
X​
both devices show up​
Thunderbolt​
X​
both devices show up​

O.k., also, just some cleanup because I am OCD. You can remove your entries in the config.plist for the FakePCI stuff, the drivers aren't there anyway and they don't load as you probably know. Our configs are almost identical :). I have a new one that I am testing that is promising I will fill you in on once I test it out completely.

Also, your video setup under device properties is huge ! I am looking at it carefully. Did you generate that with something or get it from somewhere ?

O.k., so check these numbers out. I think I have it tweaked pretty good, especially considering it is the i5 variant.

Let me see those i7 numbers.

Attachments

• Cinebench NUC10 i5.png
    Cinebench NUC10 i5.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 171
Could somebody please provide a working OC 0.6.3 EFI for the Nuc10i5?

The Nuc10i5 zipfiles posted earlier here are based on OC0.6.2 and I would like to upgrade to BigSur. I have tried building my own EFI and config.plist following the guide on Dortania but the stick is not booting properly. It stops after the first 50% of text on the screen and does not continue.
Sansati

Here's mine. You'll need to generate a SYMBIOS. I upgraded to Big Sur 11.0.1 from Catalina 10.15.7. It may give you a starting point.

Attachments

• EFI-OC63-NUC10i5.zip
    13.2 MB · Views: 202
Back