Contribute
Register

Intel HD4400 Mojave Problems with graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guysthabks for all your help. I have managed to get the machine working, I used the clover method.

However I don't have ethernet working . I have got the keys placed in other folder under clover as per the picture. I have also installed these using kextutility.

Previously I had managed to get ethernet working using opencore method.

What am I doing wrong?

There are two additional problems

1. Following sleep the screen is black.

2. Pictures don't open in preview

Thanka

Attachments

• 16117570657762530810620713658218.jpg
    16117570657762530810620713658218.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 38
You need to attach the EFI folder, not an 'Alias' (shortcut)!

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 22.37.01.png

The message above is what appears when I tried to open the 'EFI.zip' you attached in the post above.

View attachment 506499

The message above is what appears when I tried to open the 'EFI.zip' you attached in the post above.
Sorry, not sure what happened.

At present I have managed to get machine working with clover.

Although I have the following problems

1. Ethernet not working

2. Preview not working

3. Screen black following sleep..

Can you please help if possible

View attachment 506499

Hello Edhawk

I am sorry to bother you and approach this way.

I have continued to struggle with hackintosh.

I tried clover, everything worked but system was unstable, won't sleep and ethernet won't work.

I purchased GT 710 which worked in clover and opencore with correct ram displayedI tried to use opencore configuration, using the efi folder that I had attached in first post. System booted up after a prolonged period and ether net was working.

However after I copied the efi folder from usb to efi of boon partition, I encountered another error where by system would boot very slowly. It was something to do with kextd stall iohdacodecfunction.

After searching the forum here I deleted the appleplc.kext from extensions folder. The whole thing has crashed and spent boot anymore.

Can you please help me.

I think ooencore works best for my machine but I am not sure how to modify the efi folder as I now have dedicated gt710 graphic card.

Also one observation worth sharing, I had managed to boot machine instantly without usb bootable drive by taking out the graphics card and using original config. But then hd4400 ram was displayed as 7mb. This makes me think that my efi folder is not setup properly for the card.

Hope you could help , please.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back